Real Name
Mike
Here comes them dinobots.

ACgGgvz.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I'll see it for the same reason as the last one in that Chicago is a prominent shooting location. There's this old silo on 55 about a mile West of 90/94 that recently had all the graffiti painted over, and then Chinese scribed all over it - apparently China is location in the new movie. They're everywhere filming this movie.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Fast anf Furious has 7 movies. Star wars has 8. Harry Potter has a shit ton. Whats your point?

People like being entertained.

There are some exceptions to movie series that can actually hold their own in exciting and interesting content with a multitude of sequels. However most implode, or should implode, rather quickly in quality of plot line after about the third one. My point is that with certain movie series there comes a point of diminishing returns when it pertains to the quality of the entertainment. Sure, they will make a buck or two on this new one, but profitability doesn't mean shit about whether the movie is worth a damn or not. The Transformers series has reached its life expectancy in my book.

People like being entertained......by quality, not some CGI rehashed version of the previous movies with some additional minor plot twist (usually some previously unknown bad guy who always existed but somehow miraculously flew under the radar until now) to make the sequel it's own story.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Wasnt Clone Wars a straight-to-DVD cartoon? I dont think that qualifies. I guess I'll give you that they are making episode 7. Either way, thats 7 movies over 35+ years.

Yes it was. Clone Wars was an animated movie to segway into an animated series.

There are currently only 6 live action Star Wars movies with a 7th being made. As you said. 7 over the span of 35+ years.

8 Harry Potter movies over the span of 7 books. Granted the last one was broken up, 4-7 could all have easily been broken up into 2 movies, but they werent.

Also, Star Wars and HP > Transformers. :io:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info