Hit and Run

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
So on Saturday some asshole hit my car while it was parked overnight on the street. I have full coverage and already have an appointment to get an estimate through some of my insurance companies approved shops.

Pics are below, I think for sure I am going to fix the mechanical by myself as its just a trailing arm/sway bar end link/alignment. I might try and buff it out and see how crappy it actually looks and then determine from there. My question how much do you think the quote is going to be for?
IMG_03151.jpg

IMG_03141.jpg

IMG_03121.jpg

IMG_03111.jpg

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Yeah,

I wasn't really too happy about this considering I have had nothing but shitty car luck in the last three years....

Bike Stolen
Car Broken into (I left it unlock stole an ipod touch)-My fault
Car Broken into via a smashed window, stole my money and hidden credit car
Truck Broken into via smashed window, nothing to take.
And now this!

Ill probably call him in the next couple of days and see if I can not loose money on this deal!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Werd. The quarter glass and back glass will be removed, so clear coat can wrap... No parts will be replaced. From the pics that's all fixable... I'd say 2-3 hrs on each door, 3 on the quarter and an hour on the bumper cover... Front fender will probably get blended as well unless the blend can stay on the door

Edit. Shit. I did not see the mechanical parts... 3k for sure.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Yeah,

I wasn't really too happy about this considering I have had nothing but shitty car luck in the last three years....

Bike Stolen
Car Broken into (I left it unlock stole an ipod touch)-My fault
Car Broken into via a smashed window, stole my money and hidden credit car
Truck Broken into via smashed window, nothing to take.
And now this!

Ill probably call him in the next couple of days and see if I can not loose money on this deal!

At a certain point it goes beyond bad luck. If all that happend to me I'd be looking for a new place to live.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
If it is only a beater and you truly don't care what it looks like, then submit the highest estimate you can get, and just get some used lateral and trailing arms to throw on and fix the wheel alignment.

I already order trailing arms and shit from Rockauto...love that place!

At a certain point it goes beyond bad luck. If all that happend to me I'd be looking for a new place to live.

I did! I moved from WrigleyVille(motorcycle), to Lincoln Park (Vehicles Broken into), Ukrainian Village (car smashed). Next year its a house with a Garage in the Burbs... F THIS SH*T

So you're going to claim this on your insurance and then pocket the money? That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Either get it all fixed or don't claim it, buff it best it can be and replace the mechanicals on your own dime.

How is this dumb? If I can make it look okay without loosing any money why should I?

Why wouldn't I claim it? Its not like my insurance company is going to drop me or raise my rates significantly(I already asked)......

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
So you're going to claim this on your insurance and then pocket the money? That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Either get it all fixed or don't claim it, buff it best it can be and replace the mechanicals on your own dime.
How is that dumb? He's getting compensation for damage incurred to an insured posession. It's completely up to his discression what he decides to do with the compensation.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Pay to have insurance, only to not use insurance. That IS the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

FWIW, that is exactly what my Regal looked like and they totalled it out, minus the front door. Only difference is my car was a 97 where yours is 04+. My estimate was $3800 for my damage.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Looking at the scratches, almost look like it got hit multiple times. Or is it from the other car's wheel rotation?

Sucks for sure, this happened to me once. You have had too many issues living in the city. Maybe if you do get bodywork done, wait until you move?

In all honesty I think I am just going to fix the mechanical myself, then buff it out/replace the door and see what it looks like and then decide from there. I don't want a hoopty ride, but 4k to fix that is ridiculous in my opinion!

Pay to have insurance, only to not use insurance. That IS the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

FWIW, that is exactly what my Regal looked like and they totalled it out, minus the front door. Only difference is my car was a 97 where yours is 04+. My estimate was $3800 for my damage.

I agree with not using the insurance!

Are you serious about yours not even having the front door damaged and it being that high?

I dropped it off last night, I should hear something later today on the total, its going to be interesting to say the least!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

why?

tons of people have insurance for exact reasons like this. shit happens to their car... they pocket money. wambam.

and if you switch providers quick enough the new guys won't notice you were in an accident i'd bet. :pedobear:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info