Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Sometimes the game looks good and then you walk into a room and it looks next gen. A cell pic doesn't do it justice.

And this is a non spoiler screen.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371259551539.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371259551539.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 144

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
My gripes so far:

• Combat is a lot of fun but wasted on these zombie / infected things
  • On normal, the AI is not smart. They stand around and follow a set pattern (I'm hoping that changes when I start fighting the military more)
  • I do not care at all about the characters yet even tho all reviews say I should :rofl:
  • The indoor portions of the game are generally boring (yes there is a ton of tension) but its basically move from one room to another. Some things just happened tho so I hope that changes.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Got about 4 hours and 15 minutes under my belt tonight. And man. Sometimes running really is the best option. This is not a game for the COD crowd. Despite having to make multiple attempts to try and get thru areas with lots of enemies im reallly enjoying this. And the outdoor scenes look downright gorgeous. It wasnt until i walked up the steps of the capital buliding that i realized i was in the middle of a city. It suddenly struck me how quiet it was, and i turned around and just stood there for a minute listening to the sound of the wind and the birds. It was almost more eerie than sneaking thru a room full of clickers. Fuck those things btw.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
They are a little trickier on hard, but I still havent come across any area thats really frustrated me yet. Like I said sometimes it takes me a few tries to figure out the best way thru a group, but I actually kinda like the trial and error. I try to avoid combat as much as possible. I've barely even fired my gun. Haven't come across too many human opponents yet, but the clickers havent been TOO much of a problem. Unless Im trying to sneak past one and ellie decides to throw a bottle at it. :picard:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The humans are even dumber. They follow a very small pattern and they can literally walk right up to you and somehow not see you. I tested it..guy walked into a room, I basically followed him around and somehow he never noticed me there :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info