Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Right in the feels :wtc:

Police Officers Salute Sick K-9 Colleague on Farewell Walk to Vet

k-bigpic.jpg

Kaiser, a 2-year-old German Shepherd who has served valiantly as a member of the Plymouth (MA) Police Department's K-9 unit since he was five months old, had to be put down last week after a rapid decline in health due to a sudden onset of kidney disease.

The police dog's partner, Officer Jamie Lebretton, announced the sad news on the Plymouth Police Working Dog Foundation's Facebook page:

I feel privileged to have had a front row seat to witness his bravery and heroic actions while serving the people of Plymouth and my brothers and sisters in blue. Although his career was short lived, he made a huge impact that will never be forgotten. Kaiser loved being a Police Dog and I will miss him dearly. Out of love and respect for Kaiser, and with the input from our excellent vet, trainer, and family, I have made the heart wrenching decision to end Kaiser's suffering. K-9 Kaiser will be laid to rest this Friday at 1pm at Angel View Pet Cemetery in Middleboro.

Surrounded by his fellow officers, Kaiser was given a proper send-off as he entered the animal hospital for his final vet visit.

Following the ceremony, Officer Lebretton had a few more words for his fallen friend:

RIP my boy. I could not have asked for a better partner or friend. May you rest easy and wait for me at that sacred bridge. I will be there my friend. I will be there. I will never forget you or our accomplishments. You made me a better person, a better handler, and a better cop. Till we meet again kai. I love you and will miss you daily.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
I think one of the saddest I seen was when a man got killed and his dog kept crawling up next to him and whimpering. Wouldn't leave his side at all.
I also saw this yesterday and it's pretty sad.
Police dog paws his final farewell at casket of fallen master - NY Daily News

ellisfuneral.jpg

On a positive note my german shepherd club just payed for a department K-9 to have a bullet proof vest. I am going to take pics in a few minutes.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
I think one of the saddest I seen was when a man got killed and his dog kept crawling up next to him and whimpering. Wouldn't leave his side at all.
I also saw this yesterday and it's pretty sad.
Police dog paws his final farewell at casket of fallen master - NY Daily News

ellisfuneral.jpg

On a positive note my german shepherd club just payed for a department K-9 to have a bullet proof vest. I am going to take pics in a few minutes.

this one was horrible, what GSD club are you in? I lost my SCH III K-9 a couple years ago.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
zanjeer1.jpg

When a series of 12 bombings rocked Mumbai in March 1993 -- blasts that killed over 250 people and left more than 700 others injured -- one member of India's Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad (BDDS) was heralded as savior, a golden lab called Zanjeer. And now, two decades later, Zanjeer's photo and his story are making the Internet rounds once again, this time in memorandum.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info