GUNMAN w/ a rifle & body armor at Iron Man premier Thursday!!!

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
[URL=http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/10/worst-stunt-ever-terrified-moviegoers-call-911-after-theater-sends-fake-armed-gunman-into-iron-man-3-screening/]WORST STUNT EVER?[/URL] said:
TERRIFIED MOVIEGOERS CALL 911 AFTER THEATER SENDS FAKE ARMED GUNMAN INTO ‘IRON MAN 3′ SCREENING

It can’t be easy coming up with innovative ideas for promoting feature films these days, but one movie theater’s decision to send fake gunmen into a recent screening of “Iron Man 3″ is being dubbed poorly planned and implemented, especially in light of recent events.

Capital 8 Theaters in Jefferson City, Missouri, is catching the ire of movie-goers and the police, alike, after promotional efforts apparently crossed a line for some.

Here’s how Gawker described the incident: “The promote its premiere of the new Iron Man movie, a theater in Jefferson City, Missouri, hired several people to dress in full tactical gear and storm the screening with fake weapons drawn.” While Gawker said that “men” (plural) went into the theater with fake weapons, other outlets reported that it was only one actor. Regardless, select members of the public were terrified.

Despite public frustration in the wake of the experience, the theater, according to KMLZ-TV, is defending its decision as one that was rooted in an effort to entertain the masses. Manager Bob Wilkins told the outlet that this promotion was planned for months and that only a few people were upset with its outcome.

“No, my job is to entertain people,” Wilkins said when asked if he had any regrets.

But people like John Molock, a retired Army veteran, told the outlet that the antics triggered memories from the battlefield that he preferred not to recall.

“We had just finished watching Iron Man 3,” he said. “We’re just getting into the car when I spotted a man in full assault gear, carrying what appeared to be a modified M-4 and 9 mm on his side.”

The police received several calls about the armed individuals, which is no surprise, considering the deadly attack that took place at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, last year. Capt. Doug Shoemaker said that the calls reported that a man dressed in black with body armor and a rifle was walking into a movie theater.

Officers thought they were responding to an active shooter investigation — until they realized that it was merely a promotion.

“Everything was in place, it’s the opening night of a superhero movie, it’s somebody walking in all-dark clothes, everything pointed to bad things about to happen,” Shoemaker said of the scenario.

The police officer also noted that it’s a good thing no off-duty officers were in the theater, as engagement with the faux shooter could have ended badly. Luckily, no dangerous or unpalatable incidents unfolded.

What the HELL was that manager THINKING?!

On a side note, it's borderline disgraceful that even after all of the recent "mass shootings" he was able to make it all the way in the theater. I'm not condoning a CCW permit holder to take on a rifle wielding armored psychopath with just their little .380 ACP, but I still can't believe he walked in and out of there without a few extra holes in him.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
It was a guy dressed up. Regardless of what happened in aurora, you can't just assume anybody dressed up in tactical gear going into any building is just going to shoot up the dam place. Its ridiculous and shows how weak people really are and how DEPENDENT they are instead of being INDEPENDENT.

Like I said. Bunch of pussies. Most people just call 911 scared shitless because someone's carrying a weapon instead of analyzing the situation first.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Uhhh yea.....I'm not getting your train of thought here tinfoil.

A single guy walking into a movie theatre (or in the lot?) with body armor and a couple guns is kind of a big deal IMO. I'm guessing he wasn't walking all cheerfully saying high but rather with purpose if he was "acting".

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
It was a guy dressed up. Regardless of what happened in aurora, you can't just assume anybody dressed up in tactical gear going into any building is just going to shoot up the dam place. Its ridiculous and shows how weak people really are and how DEPENDENT they are instead of being INDEPENDENT.

Like I said. Bunch of pussies. Most people just call 911 scared shitless because someone's carrying a weapon instead of analyzing the situation first.

Yeah... I agree with your overall concept of people are too afraid of guns, but it's ridiculous to say that people were pussies for notifying the police of a man wearing full body armor and carrying an AR into a crowded theater.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
yep lets get a person fired because they hired an actor.....OOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKK

MERICA'

HOME TO THE ILLUSION OF FREEDOM.

sometimes your fucking dumb as a box of rox you dolt.

Had there been a CC citizen or off duty LEO, that situation might have gone HORRIBLY bad... not to mention the ACTUAL terror that type of event would encite within the crowd. You're somehow OK with those things?

Idiot.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Because of the escalating terrorism in America and especially because of the Aurora, Oklahoma movie theater shooting, it's ridiculous to stage an armored, armed man as a promotion. A normal person is going to relate this guy to the Aurora shooting, not to an idiot manager trying to be funny. The 911 calls were justified and the guy is lucky an off duty cop or citizen with a gun didn't take him out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info