bank robbery and shootout in richmond, IL.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
most of you have probably never even heard of this place... but many of us are close to here...

pretty crazy what went down... apparently the fbi was tipped off to a possible bank robbery and were in the parking lot next door when it was going down or something along those lines... I guess it got pretty crazy because there have been several reports of gunfire in the bank's direct area.

RICHMOND – A shootout involving FBI agents has left one suspected bank robber dead and another in custody, McHenry County Undersheriff Andy Zinke said.
The shootout occured outside Associated Bank, 10910 N. Main St., Richmond, late Friday morning. Authorities were called to the site at about 11:30 a.m., Zinke said.
Anderson's Candy Shop owner Leif Anderson was in the drive-thru of McDonald's, just north of the intersection of Routes 12 and 173 and about 1,000 feet south of the bank, when he saw a number of civilian vehicles speed north.
"I then heard what sounded like pop, pop, bang sort of things, and didn't know what to make of it," Anderson said.
About 30 seconds later, marked police cars from Richmond and several other departments sped by, some of them starting to set up traffic control, and several ambulances sped by shortly after.
"They were flying faster than I ever saw cop cars chasing a speeder, or anything," Anderson said.

Employees at Richmond Canvas, across the street from the bank, said they saw two cars they didn't recognize sitting in their parking lot, then saw them speed out. At that point, they heard what they described as rapid gunfire, the witnesses said.
An employee of NAPA Auto Parts said he saw a car speed across the bank's parking lot and strike a telephone pole, at which point gunfire ceased.
Special Agent Frank Bochte confirmed that the FBI was involved in the shooting. He said early Friday afternoon that no agents were hurt and that one of the suspects was shot, but he could not elaborate further.
There is reportedly a heavy police and FBI presence stopping traffic on Route 12 near Associated Bank. Police have blocked off the intersection of Route 173 and Route 12. McHenry County Sheriff's police said they expect Route 12 north of Route 173 to remained closed for several hours.
Steve Chait, who owns nearby Steve's Auto Sales, said access to his shop and several around has been closed off since the incident late this morning.
"It's like a ghost town," Chait said. "I feel like I'm watching CSI."

Witnesses said earlier they saw what appeared to be a dead body in the bank parking lot.
Administrators from Nippersink School District 2 and Richmond-Burton Community High School District 157 verified that all schools were on soft lockdown at 11:45 this morning for about 25 minutes
Representatives of Associated Bank released a statement just before 2 p.m.
"Associated has ensured that our customers and colleagues at our Richmond branch are safe and secure. We are fully cooperating with local law enforcement to help resolve the situation," the statement said.
Check back with nwherald.com for updates.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
A shootout involving FBI agents has left one suspected bank robber dead and two more in custody, officials said.The shootout occured outside Associated Bank, 10910 N. Main St., Richmond, late Friday morning. Authorities were called to the site at about 11:30 a.m., McHenry County Undersheriff Andrew Zinke said.
Joan Hyde, special agent with the Chicago division of the FBI, said the FBI was in Richmond as part of an ongoing investigation. She said FBI agents exchanged gunfire with the suspects.
FBI agents stopped the would-be robbers before they entered the bank, officials said. The shooting happened in the bank parking lot.
FBI offcials won't say what precipitated the shooting other than the officers acted according to Bureau's deadly force policy, in which officers use deadly force when there is an imminent threat of danger.
Hyde said the subjects were part of an ongoing investigation out of the Bureau's Chicago office.
A heavy police presence remained on site at the bank late afternoon Friday and the surrounding area as the FBI continues to investigate and gather information. It was unclear when the FBI would update the media again.

whoa

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
9097929_600x338.jpg

9097930_600x338.jpg

9097934_600x338.jpg

9097931_600x338.jpg

9097932_600x338.jpg

9097933_600x338.jpg

9097929_600x338.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
mmm
a couple guys get out of a car with guns walking into a bank- may be somewhat of a giveaway... I don't know if this is the case- I know what you are saying but... I really wonder what the situation was.

If dudes hopped out guns in hand while someone was watching them and the people watching this happen were like oh fuck no....

nms563

May 10, 2013
Yeah, I work along the road that was blocked off so I was trapped most of the day. I know some of the officers personally so we were filled in after an excruciating couple hours of throwing around theories. We saw a bomb squad truck so thought it was a bombing but yeah, ultimately discovered robbers were to blame. Shocking. Nothing like that ever happens around here. Most excitement I've had all week though... and surprisingly it didn't take too long to get out of there despite traffic being insanely backed up.

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
So that explains it.

i think what is kinda goofy too is not one car near the scene is marked... all unmarked different cars... fbi crazyshit.

I was cruising south on Rt12 a little before Fox Lake IIRC and first an unmarked Suburban flew past going North then a older Taurus then a Charger. All unmarked with regular plates. Had a feeling something weird was up. Glad only the bad guys got fucked up it sounds like

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Small fucking world! I was wondering why the hell traffic was all blocked off and being redirected when I drove through there this last Friday just after noon. I was on my way up to Eagle River, WI and drove literally right next to the scene because I took a bit of a backroad bypass that wasn't blocked off. I had no idea what the hell it was at the time. Hmmm. I must have missed the event by about 30 minutes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info