Supernova Glow to hit Earth May 10th-12th

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
nobody really knows what is going to happen but it sure is exciting! The explosion was first seen April 27th. Its approximately 5 Billion Lightyears away.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/universe/features/shocking-burst.html

http://gcn.gsfc.nasa.gov/gcn3/14526.gcn3

Explanation: A tremendous explosion has occurred in the nearby universe and major telescopes across Earth and space are investigating. Dubbed GRB 130427A, the gamma-ray burst was first seen by the Earth-orbiting Swift satellite in high energy X-rays and quickly reported down to Earth. Within three minutes, the half-meter ISON telescope in New Mexico found the blast in visible light, noted its extreme brightness, and relayed more exact coordinates.

Heres the Supernova explosion

grb130427a_fermi_960.gif

grb130427a_lat.jpg

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
um. should i do something tinfoil?

yea, give me all yo monies! :rofl:

the event is galactic so not really. hope its just a light show :dunno:

everything's just guesses. Ive read everything from oceanic tides, increased solar activity, effects on earths energy fields to pretty lights and upgraded human dna and consciousness.

I don't know how much we are protected from gamma rays and i have no idea what it does to our sun or us.

Although it seems as though it is having effects in other galaxies. This guy is the BEST to follow on youtube. very good info in short bits. Watch this video. He mentions the gamma bursts about 10 secs in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SmD_oGISXw

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
If this is a huge deal how much no one's covering this?

And so what you're telling me is we're going to be able to see with our eyes something that is 5 billion light years away? :confused:

apparently NASA is covering it.....so its not no one..... you really think Fox/Abc/cnn are going to talk about this over Lindsey Lohan?!?! it wouldnt get nearly the amount of views.

it didn't happen in April. April is when the first telescope saw it. It actually happened 5 billion years ago but it takes light that long to reach us. Followed by the light will be the gamma rays (which are slower then light) that are expended from the supernova explosion.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Happened 5 billion years ago and we're still OK? No worries. :wink:

Idea for new business... Gamma ray tanning lotion. Protection and tan in the same bottle.*

*If you are crisped by gamma rays, manufacturer will refund your purchase price. No other warranty, explicit or implied applies. Mutations are not covered. Practice safe gamma ray tanning at all times. Pregnant women and young children should NOT use this product.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
apparently NASA is covering it.....so its not no one..... you really think Fox/Abc/cnn are going to talk about this over Lindsey Lohan?!?! it wouldnt get nearly the amount of views.

it didn't happen in April. April is when the first telescope saw it. It actually happened 5 billion years ago but it takes light that long to reach us. Followed by the light will be the gamma rays (which are slower then light) that are expended from the supernova explosion.

Ok now I'm following. Kind of like when you look in the sky the stars you see may or may not be there today kind of thing. Check.

Whelp, whenever the gama rays get here I'll head into my lead bunker 1,000 feet below the ground. I knew it would come in handy.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Gamma is SHF which means it would have "good" penetration of the ionosphere. Quantity is another matter entirely though. I will also say that radiation is all around us at all times pretty much, so I don't know if I'd really sweat it. What I'll be curious about is direction it's coming. It'd be fucked up to have say 3 days of continual day light.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info