Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
You are now able to "tag" someone in a thread, similar to how you mention someone on FB.

You can do this one of two ways: In advance post editor, the last icon in the list looks like a speaker, click it and put the username of the member you want to mention. They will get an alert that they have been mentioned (similar to a PM alert or a new like alert).

Example: [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] has a giant bald head.

The second way is using the MENTION (with the usual brackets around them) tag , which operates the same way as the or [quote] tags.

You should be able to see who has quoted you using the same drop-down that you find your PM's, likes, etc.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/N1yovXk.png

Also, a WELCOME, side effect is that you will now be alerted when you are quoted. The notification is in the same drop down as your PM's.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I think this will work really well as long as the email part can be sorted out. Much easier to draw a certain individuals attention to a question or post while still keeping it public. no need to make "calling (username) I need help" threads. it will be good for some more specific participation where posts may go unnoticed as well.
[MENTION=22]syP[/MENTION]

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
I think this will work really well as long as the email part can be sorted out. Much easier to draw a certain individuals attention to a question or post while still keeping it public. no need to make "calling (username) I need help" threads. it will be good for some more specific participation where posts may go unnoticed as well.
[MENTION=22]syP[/MENTION]

As long as the person checks their notifications. I pretty much only browse on tapa and don't get alerts for notifications.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info