Samsung to Announce Galaxy S4 in Feb

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2012/09/133_120024.html

Samsung has revealed that it will unveil the next iteration of its flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S4, at Mobile World Congress in February, reports The Korea Times. The device would hit shelves in March.

The official said that the smartphone, due out nine months after the May debut of the Galaxy S3, will be more than enough to curb Apple's latest iPhone, compatible with long-term evolution (LTE) networks.

The phone is expected to support LTE and sport in-house Exynos-branded application processors and quad-core chips. The OLED display will reportedly increase to 5-inches in size from 4.8-inches.

Notably, one executive said, "Samsung is asking Apple to pay more to use its mobile application processors produced at its plant in Austin, Texas. The release of the S4 means more market share for Samsung as it is the only firm that can guarantee on-time delivery, output commitment and better pricing for mobile application processors."

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
The only difference I can really see besides the very slightly larger screen is probably going to be comparable on how apple brings an "updated" version of the previous model (3G-3GS; 4-4s). I can't really imagine how it'll be any different besides maybe a slightly larger battery and slightly upped CPU so it can perform better benchmarks than the i5. :dunno:

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
just get the s3.

Yeah it seems there is a growing mentality to "wait for the next big thing" in mobile electronics. If you do this, then you will always be waiting. Best to just jump into the current market and enjoy whats out there. I personally will be either in an S3 or iphone 5 in the next few months. Just waiting for my contract to mature....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info