Best place to park near O'hare airport?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I am going on vacation in about two weeks and will be gone for just under a week. I need a place to park my car for that time and I am not sure where the best place to park the car would be. There are several hotels with parking garages with in miles of the airport that offer daily rates of under $10 a day, with shuttle service to O'hare. I would like to leave my car in a garage with security camera incase anything happens. This seems like the best option so far.

Limo or cab is very expensive because I live well over an hour away from the O'hare. I have never looked into this because some one can usually give me a ride to and from the airport.

And go!

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
American Taxi has set prices for rides to and from the airport.

I think we paid about $60 each way from North Aurora to Ohare.

That's who we use.

Screw leaving my car somewhere other than home.

And a piece of mind that my car is at home in the garage for no one to even breathe on it.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
American Taxi has set prices for rides to and from the airport.

I think we paid about $60 each way from North Aurora to Ohare.

That's who we use.

Screw leaving my car somewhere other than home.

And a piece of mind that my car is at home in the garage for no one to even breathe on it.

gonna sound kinda shitty but it's a marauder, not a ferrari. it'd be fine, considering there are $150K mercedes and lambos in that garage.

they drive it 50 feet and park it. nobody else is allowed to walk near the car except employees

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Driving the 09 Fusion that was almost totaled out, has 100,000 miles, and it already has some dings and what not, it is a daily driver express way car. If someone wants to steal the car then they can have it because that's what insurance is for. To book a limo, cab, car, or what ever from the Kankakee County area to Ohare and back is not cheap at all.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
gonna sound kinda shitty but it's a marauder, not a ferrari. it'd be fine, considering there are $150K mercedes and lambos in that garage.

they drive it 50 feet and park it. nobody else is allowed to walk near the car except employees
So you dont think a Ferrari has ever been messed with or broken into in a secured area. You dont make a valid point.

I dont care if I am parking a wheel barrow. I dont trust ANYBODY near anything I own. Especilly an employee who just might of had a bad night before work.

Last I checked, not all employees are model employees..

Plus why not relax to and from the airport. Your on Vacation. Let the driver fight traffic.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
the parking garage at my work right off Mannheim and 72 at the Ohare Metra station does a park and fly thing through the hotels that share it. I park there every day. Safety isn't a problem there in the 5 years I've been there was only one rash of breakins of cars and the police ended up catching the guy. The Rosemont police cruise through the garage as well as the building security. The only concern is The spots are tight so if you don't want any door dings park up on the higher floors away from anyone else.

There is also the remote airport parking lot on manheim right next to the parking garage as well with buses that pickup and drop off constantly. Its monitored by security 24 hours as well but its all outdoors.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
So you dont think a Ferrari has ever been messed with or broken into in a secured area. You dont make a valid point.

I dont care if I am parking a wheel barrow. I dont trust ANYBODY near anything I own. Especilly an employee who just might of had a bad night before work.

Last I checked, not all employees are model employees..

Plus why not relax to and from the airport. Your on Vacation. Let the driver fight traffic.

Have you seen this lot? Trust me, its secure.

nick122590

TCG Elite Member
Jul 10, 2011
IOWA
the parking garage at my work right off Mannheim and 72 at the Ohare Metra station does a park and fly thing through the hotels that share it. I park there every day. Safety isn't a problem there in the 5 years I've been there was only one rash of breakins of cars and the police ended up catching the guy. The Rosemont police cruise through the garage as well as the building security. The only concern is The spots are tight so if you don't want any door dings park up on the higher floors away from anyone else.

There is also the remote airport parking lot on manheim right next to the parking garage as well with buses that pickup and drop off constantly. Its monitored by security 24 hours as well but its all outdoors.

x2 stick with rosemont... dont go south in shiller park or franklin park... trust me.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

You’re an idiot. If you came home to a car with the window smashed in, you’d be on TCG posting some emo crap from the parking lot via tapatalk. It doesn’t matter if it’s a Bugatti or a POS, it’s the inconvenience and hassle that you don’t want to deal with after coming back from a trip.

To the OP, do you have family or friends that can drive you? That’s the best option. Other than that, I always take a cab or livery.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
You’re an idiot. If you came home to a car with the window smashed in, you’d be on TCG posting some emo crap from the parking lot via tapatalk. It doesn’t matter if it’s a Bugatti or a POS, it’s the inconvenience and hassle that you don’t want to deal with after coming back from a trip.

To the OP, do you have family or friends that can drive you? That’s the best option. Other than that, I always take a cab or livery.
Actually, I would be on the phone with my insurance company and asking what my options were. It is a secure lot and warehouse and we have parked our cars there dozens of times without issue.

OP asked where we thought he should park his car. He has also said he does not wish to go about it any other way. Maybe you should read a little.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info