The Killing on AMC

Gypsy

TCG Elite Member
Sep 21, 2010
With Walking Dead wrapped up for the season, I'm anxiously awaiting the return. I need my fix of twisted AMC shows. I know there's a few of us on here that watch this. Where you at guys?

the-killing-main__span.jpg

And they better fucking explain some shit! :rofl:

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
I may, MAY, watch it this season just because the wifey likes it so much. That would prove I love her, right? :fy:

When I'm forced to watch stupid shit like American Idol, The Voice, The Challenge, Real Housewives of some stupid spoiled fucking whore, or the countless other stupid shit she watches I simply grab my laptop and surf the net. Killing is one of the few shows we watch together. :rollpicard:

Gypsy

TCG Elite Member
Sep 21, 2010
I watched the 1st season and really liked it.... but it was awfully slow and I am not sure if I am gonna watch the new season. Probably will though, :lmao:

Way more excited fort Game of Thrones on HBO. :hail:

Agreed, I thought the first couple episodes were a little slow. I have to say by the end of the season I was dying to find out wtf was going on though.

Gypsy

TCG Elite Member
Sep 21, 2010
Sunday! Also, as I think someone posted above, it looks like they'll definitely be revealing who the murderer is this season:

At the end of The Killing's first season, fans expected a resolution to the show's burning question: Who killed Rosie Larsen? But when the finale ended with a cliff-hanger — and the murderer wasn't revealed — the show faced significant backlash from disappointed fans.

The Killing returns Sunday for a second 13-episode season, and this time around, AMC has made sure that fans know for certain that the killer will be revealed. In fact, the network has revealed when it will happen: the Season 2 finale.

"When the series was launching, we made a very conscious decision not to tell people when the mystery was going to resolve because that just seemed counterintuitive," Joel Stillerman, AMC's executive vice president original programming, production and digital content tells TVGuide.com. "I think if people had known, I'm not sure how they would have responded to the series in the first place. We underestimated the hunger for closure on that show, and the combination of how we chose to tell the story and how we chose to market it."

Stillerman believes the social media backlash against the Season 1 finale was from a small, vocal minority — not necessarily the audience at large. Even so, the network took the reaction into consideration when strategizing for the show's second season. "The first thing we did was say, 'Here's when you're going to find out. Hopefully that won't impact your ability to enjoy the show,'" Stillerman says.

But doesn't revealing exactly when the mystery will be solved take some of the dramatic stakes out of the season the precedes the big reveal? Not really, Stillerman says.

"If people had said, 'You're going to find out what happened to Lisbeth Salander at the end of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, would you not read the book? I think you would," Stillerman says. "This has always been a show that's been aimed at the people that really like the crime drama genre and for them, we tried to something different. I hope they'll be back and I hope they'll enjoy the ride."

The Killing premieres Sunday, April 1 at 8/7c on AMC.

The Killing: AMC Explains Why They Spoiled When Rosie's Killer Will Be Revealed - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

MGsohappie.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info