Dana passed away

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
As many of you know, Dan helped me finish up the mustang once I got the engine & trans in it. It was just in October that he and I took his cobra up to Buddy's to meet up with victor, mike, larry, the jasons, todd, etcetc. Then we blew past Jason's truck doing at least 120. I was hopeful, at that time, that he had beat cancer.

Before I brought my car over there I had only spoken with him a couple times at various car shows and MSC. It didn't really matter to him that we barely knew each other at that time, he let me bring it over and worked on it with me side by side every weekend for over two months. That's the type of person he was, he'd lend me or anyone else on this site a trailer, a second set of hands, or a plethora of knowledge without thinking twice.

One of the times that my friend Gibbs and I went to pick up the trailer we ended up BS'in with Dan in the garage for a couple of hours, which was pretty normal. It was the first time those two had met one another but it didn't matter. When I texted him this morning, his response was "The world needs more people like him". That is the exact truth, you just don't meet people like him in today's world. We lost a good one this morning.

Rest in Peace, friend

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
picture.php

LazyT747

SFI
Sep 11, 2006
Such a great guy. I am happy to have had the chance to meet him even if it was only for a few hours. A week or so after meeting him, I was in a pinch and needed to tow my car so I PM'd him about using his trailer. Even though I had only met him briefly he said that it was no problem and I could use it as long as I re-cover it. One of the nicest guys I'll probably have ever met.

Rest in peace Dan.

stock-t-bird

THORNTON QUARRY
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2008
Thornton Quarry
Dan & Lyle came to my work to pick-up a garage heater for his shop...then the cancer hit.He lost the energy to hook it up...

So me & a friend came out and installed it for him....he just couldnt stand around and watch us work.......we just gave him a hand-grinder to cut threaded rod..He did.

In the recent weeks we were e-mailing...I was just checking up with him...He always replied..he said the Chemo treatments were kicking his ass.

Rip Dan...I will always remember you & your knowledge & your friendship.
________
Rich

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info