NoFlyZone-MIDEWST... Thank you!

FlyingGuy

Forum Sponsor
Apr 2, 2015
Wanted to make this, so that I knew everyone saw this post I had made, Thank you all VERY MUCH!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

First off... I am beat tired, and beet red.

Thank you for appreciating, liking and being a part of what I (I am Omega have tried to do as a one man army company. I've got great staff( friends/family) that have stuck by me during event days, and I hope you all appreciated their efforts as well. It's a bit cumbersome to ship 12 people to the midwest, but I like staying with our core group. I think we work well together.

Thanks for the reception and coming out. It would have been a boring event if none of you had shown up. Thank you.

I am a fan of constructive criticism, so suggestions and comments are appreciated. We obviously can't fulfill every request, but we can look into most. Somethings are out of my hands, some things logistically don't make sense but feel free to shout at me anytime. Maybe make a NoFlyZone-MIDWEST constructive criticism thread. ha.

The general operational format is how we do all our events. So from that aspect, how and when you run, format of parking etc... is all basically the same. My events become a big "Cars and Coffee" type meet, where if drivers aren't driving, they're chatting in the pits. I love that, and I will continue to the best of my ability to always have my events be that way. Having so few people this weekend, parking was a bit more lax, but I try to keep toy haulers and support vehicles usually off to the side, or the backend of the taxiway, nosed in. But... we will work on that as THIS event grows.

I read all the previous comments, so i've got things in my head now. Announcer could be good, bigger scoreboards likely wont happen. Those screens get pricey, and shipping equipment from Calif sucks already. Surface is out of my hands, but Ill assure you that hours and hours were spent getting it to how it was. The sweeper and broom truck were out there several times the days leading up to Saturday, but the storm messed us up a bit.

Going to decompress a bit. My face feels like a catchers mitt from the '20s.
Thanks everyone

Tony Lopez
Omegamotorsport

ian04

Aug 21, 2011
thanks for coming to midwest i cant wait for the next one i can only see the event getting bigger and bigger i was highly upset all the people i know from my area did not show up 100s of people they are always complaining about nothing to do same old cars in the same old spots then they are to lazy to drive 2 hours for something so cool like this even if its just to watch all they can say when they see my vids is that looked like so much fun so badass i just smile and say u missed out but they will be around again

We were there on Saturday. I was the Black CTS-V Sedan. I had an absolute blast. Everyone was super cool. Loved the super laid back atmosphere. And especially loved the ability to setup races rather than have to roll against whoever you just happened to get put next to. I have no negative reviews of the event and only one thing to add.. TONY, THIS BETTER NOT BE 1-&-DONE!! You guys better come back!

Mitch

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I thought it was a great time. Really good people that came out. No one cared about winning races or throwing that in someones face. Super laid back.

My suggestions would be an announcer stating the speeds and overall keeping the crowd interested or for people who are not near the boards to hear. That really is pretty much it. Maybe more than 1 type of food truck?

Thread Info