Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Will have daylight pics tomorrow after the ceramic is done curing but Kevin paid me a visit today to do a full detail on the R including ceramic coating. Looks great already, cant wait to see everything in the sun :noes:

Kevin can get into the steps if he wants.

PZFEAKw.jpg

rtSjxdz.jpg

yniifkD.jpg

[MENTION=112]ktraver97ss[/MENTION]

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Looks awesome! What is involved in applying this coating?

Well, like painting, the prep is the most important part. I start with a wash and clay bar, then a good polish, then a wipe down with Eraser to remove any polish residue. Then it is applied similar to a wax or sealant, but it is a thin liquid and flashes quickly. You must apply it evenly and wipe it down less than 5 minutes after application, so its basically apply to an area and wipe, and repeat. Then it has to cure and stay out of the elements for 24 hours. Sounds simple, but Mooks car was in great condition and still took me 8 hours yesterday, and I'm not slow with this stuff.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Well, like painting, the prep is the most important part. I start with a wash and clay bar, then a good polish, then a wipe down with Eraser to remove any polish residue. Then it is applied similar to a wax or sealant, but it is a thin liquid and flashes quickly. You must apply it evenly and wipe it down less than 5 minutes after application, so its basically apply to an area and wipe, and repeat. Then it has to cure and stay out of the elements for 24 hours. Sounds simple, but Mooks car was in great condition and still took me 8 hours yesterday, and I'm not slow with this stuff.

How long does the coating last?

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Most of those coatings are warranted at least 5 years. If done right, like Kevin most certainly did, it should last far longer. I'm a huge fan of it, it will be done to every new vehicle I purchase that's for sure. My truck saw nothing but machine washes for three years, never even waxed it, still looks incredible.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info