And now a few pics of my Grand Prix

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
This was my first car, a 1991 Grand Prix 3.1 SE that I picked up in August of 99. She was good to me up until April of 06 when the timing chain snapped and bent half the valves. I took it upon myself to pull the motor out and rebuild it from the bottom up, new gaskets, new heads, timing set, cleaned it up, and painted it. I tore it all the way down to just the cam, crank left in the block. I'd never done anything like that before and it was a killer learning experience! I got it back on the road in October 2006. Unfortunately, the oil pan gasket didn't seal correctly due to a mistake on my part and before I realized this had happened, the oil ran out and developed a tick. I fixed the leak, checked the rod bearings and the lifters (thought one had collapsed to cause the tick) but could not find anything out of the ordinary. I put it back together with the tick still occurring. It came to an end on Christmas Eve coming back from Rockford when the tick quickly turned into a loud rattling knock and that was the last that the car was driven. It sat until earlier this year when I moved into my own house and pulled it into the garage. The "fully assembled" pics below are from years ago and then there's a couple recent "in progress" teasers. Enjoy!

Its got 17" Limited Alloy 800s, custom built hood with a fiberglass 67 Stingray scoop molded to the steel hood (yes functional), various audio upgrades, exhaust, tints, and various other odds and ends.
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

GP-1.jpg

GP-2.jpg

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Thread Info