Detailed the GXP today

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I was bored today and cleaned up the GXP, wash, wax, tire shine, cleaned the wheel wells, rims, ect. I have had the car about 3 weeks and had the windows tinted at 20% and painted the GXP spoiler last night. I dont know why but my GXP did not come with the bigger spoiler ao I added it. I think the spoiler came out nice, as seen in the pics I have not wet sanded and buffed the clear yet so there is a couple dirt nibs but it has nice orange peel to match the factory orange peel.

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Looks good!

I wouldnt say that a new vehicle does not need a clay job though. Most come off the lot with a nice layer of pollution, rail dust, bird crap residue, etc. To truely determine if it needs to be clay barred put your hand in a plastic sandwich bag cig pack cellophane(sp?) and then feel the paint. It will magnify the sensitivity and paint that feels smooth to the naked hand will feel like sandpaper. After the clay it will feel smooth even with the plastic.

bigshotsho93

Regular
Sep 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
mike
I was bored today and cleaned up the GXP, wash, wax, tire shine, cleaned the wheel wells, rims, ect. I have had the car about 3 weeks and had the windows tinted at 20% and painted the GXP spoiler last night. I dont know why but my GXP did not come with the bigger spoiler ao I added it. I think the spoiler came out nice, as seen in the pics I have not wet sanded and buffed the clear yet so there is a couple dirt nibs but it has nice orange peel to match the factory orange peel.

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

i like it! that color looks really familiar......... hmmmm.

Thread Info