• Total voters

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Im wanting to do something about my stock TBSS wheels. While they look great stock, its still nice to do something a little different. If I went with aftermarket, 22's would definitely be my choice, but 98% of the wheels are wayyyyy to bling for me, or over $3k for wheels and tires which just isnt happening. Powder coating is probably the route I will go, and Im curious what you guys think of how this looks. Black is too played out, and I really dont care for it on a white truck after seeing some pics. Im thinking more of a hyperdark color.

2a5g11e.jpg

Stock, polished aluminum.
n56fiq.jpg

Quick photochop of a hyperdarkish wheel. Too much work to find a white truck pic and do both wheels, but you get the idea.

Whatcha think?!?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I like the black spokes, but its going to look goofy I think once its done. There really is no hard edge between the spokes and the outer part of the rim. Its a smooth radius and you will completely see the tape line. Im going to chop the hyperdark again, leaving the polished center cap and lug nuts, and hyperdark the bowtie in the center.

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
or you could save at least 1200 dollars and just have all your stock ones powder coated.

*edit*

Missed the part about 22's. that's straight gangsta but also straight fail if you're trying to go fast

the replica wheels IIRC are only a few pounds heavier than stock. which is not bad considering the up size and width. with a modded truck, even stock for that matter will put out enough power that the slight wheel size difference wont matter.

Thread Info