I cried.....

219Cobra

Cobra Lover
Aug 30, 2005
NWI
The challengers eveyone is seeing are all srt8s. There are 6400 of them made for 08 all autos and most are spoken for. There are 3 colors to choose from being hemi orange,black and silver. Most are running low 13s stock. So a stock cobra should be able to beat them. 09s will come with 6speed manual and be available in 3 trim levels. Just look on dodge.com for all the info on the 09s. Sorry for the long post just wanted to get the facts straight. Plus I am bored at work. Gotta love the iphone.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
yea but look how long it took them to do it. remember, muscle cars used to run 12's back in the 60's, then they got slammed for emissions and had to start over from ground up.

So now we have to pay top dollar for something that is slower and MUCH less practical than an SUV or bimmer 3 series???? No thanks. All the daily drivers (lexus, bimmer, cadillac) are getting faster and MUCH nicer and more refined while muscle cars just get worse and worse in every way. The new challenger is a total waste. I can't wait to see one at the track getting fucked up by stock ls1's and bolt on GT's that are 10 years old and 1/5th the price.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
i'll agree that the challenger is a waste.

i think the problem is, that they're going after the baby boomer age with these cars. they're making them more daily driver like and just fast enough to feel nostalgic. They're trying to bring back the muscle car's original crowd but the thing is, theres more people our age that would want these cars than there are old farts looking to relive the past.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
i'll agree that the challenger is a waste.

i think the problem is, that they're going after the baby boomer age with these cars. they're making them more daily driver like and just fast enough to feel nostalgic. They're trying to bring back the muscle car's original crowd but the thing is, theres more people our age that would want these cars than there are old farts looking to relive the past.

You're definetely right about the baby boomer thing. I'm not sure that very many people our age would really consider spending this much cash (assuming they had the funds) on a car so slow and heavy, but who knows. Basically, the way i see it, it will be a toy for a select few old men that know nothing about cars or racing, and have no idea that the new bimmer 3 series he just bought his wife would hand him his ass in a race.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
You're definetely right about the baby boomer thing. I'm not sure that very many people our age would really consider spending this much cash on a car so slow, but who knows. Basically it will be a toy for a select few old men that know nothing about cars or racing, and have no idea that the new bimmer 3 series he just bought his wife would hand him his ass in a race.

well i didnt mean this car specifically. i'm saying us :quote:youngins:quote: would rather spend the money on a muscle car that would hand that bimmer its ass.

Thread Info