Four sweet Supras in 24hrs? NO WAY... WAY!

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
So I have been killing time all weekend... did a few cruises :quote:by myself:quote: around the area. Friday night I made it up to Strats and was pleasantly surprised to see two beautiful red Supras hanging out. Never got a chance to chat with them... but damn they were pretty ;)

Then last night I made my way up to Strats again and while chit chatting up some CSVT'ers two beautiful white Supras made their rounds through the parking lot. Couldn't miss the SP stickers on it, bad ass cars :headbang:

Was wondering where they have been hiding or what was the special occasion.:dunno:

Side Note: I like hanging out as a car enthusiast, even if it means a parking lot, but as they dwindle, I worry that Strats will soon be off limits. People blocking the drive through while they are still open and people being too lazy to use garbage cans. People having no respect for cars driving through or out... almost as if they should not be bothered to move out of the way. It's a shame, but this will quickly become the next dead spot I am sure. :(

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Side Note: I like hanging out as a car enthusiast, even if it means a parking lot, but as they dwindle, I worry that Strats will soon be off limits. People blocking the drive through while they are still open and people being too lazy to use garbage cans. People having no respect for cars driving through or out... almost as if they should not be bothered to move out of the way. It's a shame, but this will quickly become the next dead spot I am sure. :(

I <3 supras. I know how that is, we realy only ever had 1 good meeting spot here in NWI (Hooters @ 30 & 41) and now it's fucked thanks to dumbasses doing burnouts and people leaving trash on the ground. There were alot of idiots but later on the actual racers showed up and it's only a 20 minute drive to 141st :) That's all screwed now and really the car scene is NWI is fucked because of it, other than the track we have no place to meet.

01SVT19

TCG Elite Member
Apr 23, 2006
So I have been killing time all weekend... did a few cruises :quote:by myself:quote: around the area. Friday night I made it up to Strats and was pleasantly surprised to see two beautiful red Supras hanging out. Never got a chance to chat with them... but damn they were pretty ;)

Then last night I made my way up to Strats again and while chit chatting up some CSVT'ers two beautiful white Supras made their rounds through the parking lot. Couldn't miss the SP stickers on it, bad ass cars :headbang:

Was wondering where they have been hiding or what was the special occasion.:dunno:

Why dont we find our own spot???:dunno: I am sure there are plenty of spots where car guys can chill. I've always wanted to find another spot the original strats on Grand and manheim was closed due to the same reason. I'm sure this will get its time aswell.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

I rolled through Strats Friday night around 11:30. It was packed. Across the street as well. I was pissed because people would not even move out of the way for cars to get through. And noticed the cars starting to park lose to the drive up window. I know it is a matter of time before that spot gets ruined as well. Idiots ruin it for everyone.

It is a shame as the owner is cool and does not mind us being there as long as it doesn't become a problem. Sounds like it is about to become a problem too. Maybe some people need to watch the drive through and make people move along when they try and park there. I am sure even that will be a issue for some idiot that doesn't want to listen and make a big deal about being a hard ass and parking there anyways.

Are you guys up there every night? I should swing by more often. I live right down the road.

btw, I didn't see any fast cars there either. Just a couple of slow 03 Cobras. lol j/k

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I rolled through Strats Friday night around 11:30. It was packed. Across the street as well. I was pissed because people would not even move out of the way for cars to get through. And noticed the cars starting to park lose to the drive up window. I know it is a matter of time before that spot gets ruined as well. Idiots ruin it for everyone.

It is a shame as the owner is cool and does not mind us being there as long as it doesn't become a problem. Sounds like it is about to become a problem too. Maybe some people need to watch the drive through and make people move along when they try and park there. I am sure even that will be a issue for some idiot that doesn't want to listen and make a big deal about being a hard ass and parking there anyways.

Are you guys up there every night? I should swing by more often. I live right down the road.

btw, I didn't see any fast cars there either. Just a couple of slow 03 Cobras. lol j/k

What were you driving? We were there at 1130, but I didn't see you. Then again, I've only met you a couple times, so I may not even recognize you lol

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
What were you driving? We were there at 1130, but I didn't see you. Then again, I've only met you a couple times, so I may not even recognize you lol

I was in my Silverado. The Capri is still under construction. I saw a Cobra with Ultra Lites like Larry's. But was not sure what Larry's plates were. I didn't see anyone I knew and me being tired I just decided to go home. But I will be heading out there to see what is going on now that I know you guys are out there a lot.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
strats sucks, too many 15 year old kids running around and a bunch of junk ass cars that go there too. we NEED a new :quote:spot:quote: asap.
That is the problem. You move to a new spot and idiots follow you there eventually. Then they ruin that spot. People really need to be educated on how things need to work. But it is hard to educate idiots. I have been out since the late 80's. Nothing but muscle cars and people who respected each other and the spots they were at. It was cool until the mid 90's. Then everyone started coming to hang out and be idiots. That was the start of the decline. Sucks for sure. I guess we always need to be on the look out for the next spot. lol

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
...It is a shame as the owner is cool and does not mind us being there as long as it doesn't become a problem. Sounds like it is about to become a problem too. Maybe some people need to watch the drive through and make people move along when they try and park there. I am sure even that will be a issue for some idiot that doesn't want to listen and make a big deal about being a hard ass and parking there anyways...

I use to support them at the other location all the time... mostly during lunch, but as all things, business always dwindle and sometimes you have to move on. I am glad however the North Ave. location is still open, but I have a feeling it may meet the same demise.

The problem with Strats and every other street hang out that has ever existed is that you have the pack of followers that want to be there and try to watch a race, but as we all know a pack of viewers usually leads to two things, idiots and cops. Idiots, who want attention, ie. the idiot last week in his Honda who drifted into the parking lot and smacked the sharp incline on the way in... oh and the cops followed him in, or the guys with little 50s or pocket bikes dragging in the parking lot (neighbors there must love it). Then there was the guy that was up there that kept saying very loud, "I just wanna make some money..." and yet I don't think he even had a car, and I don't think they ever walked up to anybody with a decent car to even ask to race guess they were looking for the stock vtecs :dunno: Not to mention, that any good race spot will quickly become the next launching pad for every DD car and kid who want to race for $20.

I was trying to rekindle my need for street racing, as I have been getting an itch, but it just isn't happening after seeing what I saw it hasn't changed at all. I guess things do change in your mind as you get old older. I think I'll stick to cruising around and hanging out at the RSDs, although I still may make the occasional cruise by. We should exchange numbers... you can take me on a date, just don't tell the wife... :lmao:

PS it's better to have a Slowbra then a garage queen Capri :p

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
i think we need to bring out some REAL cars out there, let me know when yours is done and well roll up there!
haha Yea. I had the car up there a few times last year. I heard people talking about the car. Everyone was scared of it. I never said I was looking to race or went looking for races. But one time there was a 70 Chevelle with a big cube motor and fogger on it. Big slicks and gutted (I knew the car and knew what it ran). They wanted 10 cars from me with my supercharged small block car and a 17 drag radial. HAHAHA Are you kidding me!

I am not a street racer. I am a great negotiator though. lol I like to hang out and watch stuff go down. Not worth me loosing my car and licence.

Honestly if the level headed people told the idiots and younger people how it needs to be I think most of them would fall in line and behave. But no one wants to babysit or speak up to them. Oh well.

Maybe Boostie could do that for us. He is the known (can I say respected?)street racer.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
PS it's better to have a Slowbra then a garage queen Capri :p

Ouch! hahaha

I can't believe that. Well really I can. It is stupid stuff like that that ruins it. No reason for mini bikes to be there. No reason for hondas doing burn outs. That is what ruins the spots.

Years ago in Schaumburg the cops gave us a place to hang out. They were cool with us being in the closed down strip mall. But sure enough all the people hanging out ruined it. Returning from a race everyone was pulling into the lot. Well people who didn't know what was going on were in the wrong lane and jammed on the brakes to get over in line to get into the lot. Well they blocked both lanes. Cops were pissed. Then a few days later same situation but this time a idiot speeding in his Civic rear ends a car in front of him. Cops said that was it and Schaumburg was pretty much closed down. It was a shame as it was a ideal spot for us. And the cops were even cool with us being there. Idiots.

Rt31 in Aurora in the Northgate mall was the only place I can think of where BS was not tolerated (by the racers) and cops left us alone 90% of the time. But Peterson lost a race up there by a average car and the Schaumurg group never came up that way again.

Thread Info