frrrrrresh.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
took a few hours earlier and cleaned her up.

DSC09858.jpg

DSC09856.jpg

DSC09855.jpg

DSC09857.jpg

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
you spent all that time detailing the car and the picture you post up is of the paint rubbed off the front fender?

but on a serious note i noticed in your posts you always detail cars with the method of "wash, clay, wash...." which is all good and well, but i have a method that will yeild the same results in only half the time.

its pretty simple really, first you hold the wash mitt in one hand and the clay bar in the other (never let the clay touch the ground! if you do, just throw it away). you wash one panel of the car with the mitt like normal, but instead of moving on you then use all the mitt to get the panel really "sudsey" and then use the clay bar on the panel like normal. the sudsy water will replace the quick detailer. then you dip the mitt and wipe the panel real quick to get off any loose residue the clay might have left and then "pull and fold" the clay for the next panel and repeat the process. you essentially go from washing the car two times to just once saving ALOT of time. it used to take me a little over an hour using your method, now it takes me just over 20 minutes.

the only "trick" to this method is that you need you use a quality car soap (read: no cheap vato-zone shit). ive been using Poorboys super slick for awhile now and honestly i wouldnt use anything else for washing my cars anymore. not only does it work really well and hold its suds and slickness, it also smells so good i want to drink the water from the bucket while im washing the car! lol. you should try my method sometime! believe me, you wont go back!

p.s. dont get the expensive Mothers clay kit. i usually just get the Clay Magic kit from vato-zone and throw out everything in the kit besides the clay. IIRC its only like 9.99

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
oh and the BEST claybar is reusable up to about 20 times and if you drop it you can just wash it off..

www.turbowax.com

best stuff ever

id never use ANY claybar after dropping it, they pick up far too much shit that will NOT wash off. im not gonna risk scratching the shit outta my paint to save a few bucks. ill spend the money on another claybar instead

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
id never use ANY claybar after dropping it, they pick up far too much shit that will NOT wash off. im not gonna risk scratching the shit outta my paint to save a few bucks. ill spend the money on another claybar instead

its not the same type of clay. its something different but works the same as clay if not better

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
well not "rubber" but its the same thing as the magic eraser... some people have luck with that, some dont... i know my cheap clay bars work for a year if i dont drop them... ill just stick to what works.

oh and yes, the car does look nice, but believe me pictures arent the best way to show how well a detailing product works... my S2000 looks like shit in person, but ive taken pictures where you would swear the paint was still wet from being sprayed

Thread Info