A few newer pics of the 3. New front end horray!

Ricky

MWIR.net
May 5, 2008
Aurora, IL
Real Name
Ricky
M3 front end, new wheels, lowered, blah blah blah.

old:
IMG_2398.jpg

w00t!:

IMG_2775.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2788.jpg

IMG_2904.jpg

IMG_2915.jpg

IMG_2916.jpg

and a shot of it at gingerman :)
WMHM.jpg

she's a ho fa'sho.

Ricky

MWIR.net
May 5, 2008
Aurora, IL
Real Name
Ricky
Are those stock wheels?

stock yes, stock on this car no.

they're off a 7 series. I had 19" BBS LMs on the car, but a pothole destroyed those. I needed wider wheels for my tires (upped the size from stock 205's to 245's all around) so i picked these factory BBS' from a guy in WI for $125. couldn't really complain for the price, and then i refinished them so they're like new now :)

Ricky

MWIR.net
May 5, 2008
Aurora, IL
Real Name
Ricky
Nice, for that price I'd rock em too! But holy damn stock tires on your car is 205!?!?!

apperently, that's what was on it. My car is AWD so perhaps those came with thinner tires, i dunno. They weren't bad though, i took the car to autobahn to test it out the 2nd week i had it on stock suspension and stock tires and it didn't do too bad on 205's. After they heated up the back end would kick out in the turns but still controllable. However now on 245 Michelin Pilots i have yet to get the car to slide, even in the rain at gingerman going into corners with minimal braking.

S

speedycoop

only thing i would change is the front tires. they are too wide. it just looks a bit off. 245 looks nice in the back but id go with a 225 up front. i say this cause it looks like the tires stick out a good bit up front and its just not a good look on a bmw.

other than that i like it a lot. the new bumper really adds a nice looks to the over all car.

Ricky

MWIR.net
May 5, 2008
Aurora, IL
Real Name
Ricky
It looks super sharp, My only 'complaint' is that you should hunt down some center caps, I think it'd make the car look even cleaner.

i have the center caps, they make the wheels look too old for the car. maybe i'll see if any of the smaller ones fit in the middle hole, but the ones for those wheels don't match the look i'm going for.

only thing i would change is the front tires. they are too wide. it just looks a bit off. 245 looks nice in the back but id go with a 225 up front. i say this cause it looks like the tires stick out a good bit up front and its just not a good look on a bmw.

other than that i like it a lot. the new bumper really adds a nice looks to the over all car.

i would if i could, however the car is all wheel drive and i'm unable to run a staggered setup.

Thread Info