I was in Orlando for biz...

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
Flew in Thursday night and stayed in Lake Mary. The following morning I went for a run and it was unreal. I spotted 2x 03/04 Cobras, 1x New Roush 427R, and an 01' Cobra - keep in mind the runs I take aren't long at all.

After meetings we went and played golf. Took one of our leasing reps. for a couple bucks :D and then went out to eat. While driving to dinner saw 2x Shelby GT500's. One of them I actually pulled up next to (White w/ Blue Stripes - one of my fav combos) and threw him the :biggthump .

Nice weather and all the cars were out. Miss living in FLA sometimes.

That's it... Just thought I'd share.

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
cool :biggthump

did u drive your cobra down there?? when i go to florida i dont see that many cobras. i was on this one highway in FLA (cant remember the name of it) and this modded fox was coming up real quick from the rear and i was doin 85. i move over and then get behind him. he kept pushin it more and more so i decided to back off cuz it was late and cops love that specific area. 10 min later i pass him while he was pulled over!!! i felt so bad for him!!!

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
Not this time around... Rented a 300... Last time I went for a little RnR & see family I took the Cobra... That was Thanksgiving 06' & went to the Clearwater area... Didn't see as many at that time... Maybe just a fluke, but, for the first time in my life I think I saw more Terminator / Shelby / Roush than C5 z06 / C6 / C6 z06.

Tell ya what though... On my way from Orlando to Tampa via I-4 to I-275 on Friday... One very fast black Supra went by in the left lane... I was going 80'ish and he was well into the triple digits...

Was in Atlanta the weekend before and my buddies neighbor has a Saleen Extreme... Sexy car...

VIPERKILLER

ViperKiller Inc.Since '99
Apr 11, 2006
T_Factor said:
Flew in Thursday night and stayed in Lake Mary. The following morning I went for a run and it was unreal. I spotted 2x 03/04 Cobras, 1x New Roush 427R, and an 01' Cobra - keep in mind the runs I take aren't long at all.

After meetings we went and played golf. Took one of our leasing reps. for a couple bucks :D and then went out to eat. While driving to dinner saw 2x Shelby GT500's. One of them I actually pulled up next to (White w/ Blue Stripes - one of my fav combos) and threw him the :biggthump .

Nice weather and all the cars were out. Miss living in FLA sometimes.

That's it... Just thought I'd share.

lake mary huh? Did you get a chance to check out the carnage there? I drove right through it, it looked like hell.

VIPERKILLER

ViperKiller Inc.Since '99
Apr 11, 2006
SonicBlueDevil said:
Was Sanford included in this damage? Seeing as the towns are next to each other.

Im not sure. we drove right through the strorm on the way to the superbowl. and then took a look at the damage on the way back. But only in lake mary because that was where they said the most damage was done at. But im assuming most towns bordering Lake Mary were affected. Hell almost 20 people died. Heres a pic of the paper from sat morning.
n48609021_31047890_8728.jpg

it didnt even seem that bad and we drive right down the middle of it, because we left chicago thrs afternoon and were in the eye of the storm as they were alerting people to hunker down.

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
Didn't see it, but, sure heard about it from the locals. 1000's homeless from the t-storms / tornado. I've been through some bad weather in my life, but, always feel bad for those folks less able to cope (e.g. elderly). That tornado plowed into a huge retirement community :( .

Photos from storm (go to the multimedia category - tornado):

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...,5850058.storygallery?coll=orl-home-headlines

I stayed @ a hotel on International Parkway.

Thread Info