Sep 10, 2007
DSC09696.jpg

DSC09695.jpg

DSC09694.jpg

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Thanks kyle.

Joel, me and my parents discussed it. Since they are paying for the repair, and the payments at the moment until I pick up a new job (may be going into washing cars at my friends shop.) , that my stepdad is going to drive it for the next 30 days to break the motor in.

He noticed a lot of difference in pickup, and that throttle response is much more crisp. We're thinking that engine was pretty shot from day one of my ownership, and it was a ticking time bomb with how I drive it. I've taken the lesson. I won't be beating on it like I was.. A few WOT runs here and there but that will be it.

I did however hear the catalytic convertor rattling, so that will be coming on within the next few months. More than likely a magnaflow unit, then all I'll need is eventually a Y-pipe, and two magnaflow mufflers to basically complete what I want to do with the car.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
That's clean as hell. What is all involved? I really need to do that to my POS.
Well, for starters I went over the whole bottom half of the car from the front wheelwell back, there was old tar or tire shine spattered up all over both sides. After that, wash with ivory dish soap, followed by claybarring the whole car, followed by another wash, but this time with meguiar's deep gem's wash, followed by meguiar's gold class paste wax.

then today, i wiped it down with quik detail for the pics.

its clean alright. try and take as good of care of this engine as you the exterior and you'll have nothing to worry about

I'm going to now.. I realize how much I value this car when I was cleaning it saturday for about 6.5 hours total.

Thread Info