Homeless!?!

The Blondie

1MeanGt's Chick!!!
May 23, 2005
Well on the way to work today I saw 2 homeless people..... Its weird I take the same way to work everyday and I never see homeless people (I live in Bartlett). Anyhow, so yeah I saw 1 right in front of the Sears store on Army Trl & County Farm and the other I saw just walking down St.Charles rd. WEIRD. I wonder where they were walking to?! They both had luggage and the lady in front of Sears had a shopping cart, filled with stuff..... HHhmm... I just makes me think. I mean I know there is that one Homeless guy that stands on the Corner of Golf when you get off the highway on the way to streets... But he is the only 1 that I ever see. I wonder if they are all in cahoots......

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
BlondeCobra said:
Well on the way to work today I saw 2 homeless people..... Its weird I take the same way to work everyday and I never see homeless people (I live in Bartlett). Anyhow, so yeah I saw 1 right in front of the Sears store on Army Trl & County Farm and the other I saw just walking down St.Charles rd. WEIRD. I wonder where they were walking to?! They both had luggage and the lady in front of Sears had a shopping cart, filled with stuff..... HHhmm... I just makes me think. I mean I know there is that one Homeless guy that stands on the Corner of Golf when you get off the highway on the way to streets... But he is the only 1 that I ever see. I wonder if they are all in cahoots......

Ive seen the guy with the sign that says "Retired Vet, need money for a bus ticket to milwaukee" I saw him one month at the Arlington Heights exit off of I-90 and the next month by streets. I thought he would have got enough money to get a bus ticket by then.

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
Rotzs99 said:
Ive seen the guy with the sign that says "Retired Vet, need money for a bus ticket to milwaukee" I saw him one month at the Arlington Heights exit off of I-90 and the next month by streets. I thought he would have got enough money to get a bus ticket by then.

Saw a guy last summer in the Target parking lot in Palatine. Same thing, "Retired Vet, need money for a bus ticket to Milwaukee." I stop and spoke with him for a moment. Guy was hacking up a left lung telling me he just got out of the VA and needed money to get to his sisters place.

Felt bad for the dude - I'm a sucker @ times. Asked him how much he needed and he told me $50 bucks (something like that) and a ride to the bus station. Had $20 on me and was running late. Told him I couldn't do that, but, would shoot over to the Subway or McDonalds down the road to get him something to eat. He declined and said he really needed the money for the bus ticket. Told him sorry I can't help you there, wished him luck, & left.

I used to live in the Tampa / Clearwater area and quite a few homeless folks. One day while driving I see a guy holding up a sign. Need money to feed my family. Again, sucker to help just about anyone if I am able, and stop in the parking lot of a strip mall with, @ the time, the areas best pizza - IMHO. I offer to buy him a X-Large, Salads, and Soda for him. He declined and asked for money. :rolleyes: Uh.... No can do.... Your sign says food for family and that is what I am offering. Again, he asked for cash instead... Rolled up the window and left.

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
T_Factor said:
Saw a guy last summer in the Target parking lot in Palatine. Same thing, "Retired Vet, need money for a bus ticket to Milwaukee." I stop and spoke with him for a moment. Guy was hacking up a left lung telling me he just got out of the VA and needed money to get to his sisters place.

Felt bad for the dude - I'm a sucker @ times. Asked him how much he needed and he told me $50 bucks (something like that) and a ride to the bus station. Had $20 on me and was running late. Told him I couldn't do that, but, would shoot over to the Subway or McDonalds down the road to get him something to eat. He declined and said he really needed the money for the bus ticket. Told him sorry I can't help you there, wished him luck, & left.

I used to live in the Tampa / Clearwater area and quite a few homeless folks. One day while driving I see a guy holding up a sign. Need money to feed my family. Again, sucker to help just about anyone if I am able, and stop in the parking lot of a strip mall with, @ the time, the areas best pizza - IMHO. I offer to buy him a X-Large, Salads, and Soda for him. He declined and asked for money. :rolleyes: Uh.... No can do.... Your sign says food for family and that is what I am offering. Again, he asked for cash instead... Rolled up the window and left.

maybe his famile only eats jack daniels?!

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
I was at a bachlorette party in downtown Chicago and the guy actually just wanted food, we had just eaten at Uno's and had alot of pizza left over,
(which we were going to take back to the room for later- after the drinking)

and I offered it to him, and he was happy to get it, and didn't ask for anything more :dunno:

But here and there you get these dumbasses that sit at the stop lights,
you offer them food (just coming from the grocery store) and they don't want it,
well, if you have a family to feed FEED THEM!

So, yes, this goes both ways :( :dunno: When it happens here in town,
(which isn't often) Merrillville PD shuts it down right away :headbang:

The Blondie

1MeanGt's Chick!!!
May 23, 2005
10th03cobra said:
WTF, do you carry steaks around in your purse??? If so bring a blue cheese crusted Filet medium rare tonight. :p

Yes actually, it is a great way to attract men... How do you think I got Mike?!
JUST KIDDING, I was in college (cluinary arts school) and I just left school! Jerk.

I did offer a homeless man weed one time and he told me he did not want that, just wanted money!
:dunno:

oldmodman

Vehicular Antique
Feb 15, 2005
There was a bum that would be sitting on the sidewalk with his dog. Right next to the exit from the local video store. And he would always ask for some cash "cuz my dog is starving"

The next time I went to the store I got a big box of Milk Bones and stuck a couple in my pocket. When he gave me the starving dog shakedown I pulled out the Milk Bones and gave them to the pup. He was right, that dog was HUNGRY!!

And just to make sure that the dog got fed regularly I put the entire box on the video counter next to the exit with a little sign that said "for the starving dog outside the door". The store owner cracked up when I asked him if it was OK to do it. Next time I went into the store he told me that the bum only lasted another day before heading off to find a better location. But at least the dog was happy for a while.

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
oldmodman said:
There was a bum that would be sitting on the sidewalk with his dog. Right next to the exit from the local video store. And he would always ask for some cash "cuz my dog is starving"

The next time I went to the store I got a big box of Milk Bones and stuck a couple in my pocket. When he gave me the starving dog shakedown I pulled out the Milk Bones and gave them to the pup. He was right, that dog was HUNGRY!!

And just to make sure that the dog got fed regularly I put the entire box on the video counter next to the exit with a little sign that said "for the starving dog outside the door". The store owner cracked up when I asked him if it was OK to do it. Next time I went into the store he told me that the bum only lasted another day before heading off to find a better location. But at least the dog was happy for a while.

:clap: Like that!!

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I saw a guy last night at bloomingdale road and north ave, by the tuff's auto center, a couple of us meet up to go cursing, the guy saw my cobra and said cool my dad had a old cobra. Then he asked me for a smoke, which I gave him, then He said he wanted to ask us something but didn;t think he could, I knew he was looking for drugs, just had that feeling, plus the guy looked fucking cracked out. He then said, he needed a ride to elmhurst, we said we going to woodfield, then he started walking, but i knew he was looking for his next high...fucking crazy

Svt Abuser

SVT FTP
Jul 26, 2006
I use my cobra for my appraisal work, and I work alot of S Side and W Side neighborhoods...I just love it when the car is empty (as it always is, thirsty beeoch) and I pull into a choice gas station, theres 10 guys in line to wash my window (top is always down) pump my gas, make witty conversation....LOL it just cracks me up..

my wifes law office is just south of chicago on wells...u cant make it 2 feet out the door without getting hit up...by multiple people...

YES< people have their ups and downs, but I dont see anyone trying to help me when IM in the trough of life....Help yourself OUT yah know!

1BADSNAKE

BAR-NONE
Jun 26, 2006
BlondeCobra said:

Yeh ive seen them too! You wanna hear somethin funny! I go to vegas about once a year...was on a shuttle turning onto LVB and i saw this homeless guy!
His sign said..... "IM NOT GOING TO LIE......NEED A BEER!... man it was the funniest thing ive ever seen! At least the guys honest! :laughing2

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
I had a homeless guy ask me for a quarter downtown once. I told him I'd give him a buck if he did a little dance. Damn fool was like a dirty old Michael Jackson. He got two bucks.

Another time I had my kids with me when they were young. I parked behind a Dunkin Donuts and when we came out, a homeless man was dumpster diving. He had powdered sugar all over his face and was going to town. One of my kids asked what that man was doing (confused because he never saw anyone eat out of a garbage can). I just told him "he's eating breakfast" and we got in the car and went on our way.

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
blubyu said:
I had a homeless guy ask me for a quarter downtown once. I told him I'd give him a buck if he did a little dance. Damn fool was like a dirty old Michael Jackson. He got two bucks.

Another time I had my kids with me when they were young. I parked behind a Dunkin Donuts and when we came out, a homeless man was dumpster diving. He had powdered sugar all over his face and was going to town. One of my kids asked what that man was doing (confused because he never saw anyone eat out of a garbage can). I just told him "he's eating breakfast" and we got in the car and went on our way.

Sure it was powdered sugar?

Jul 7, 2006
untitled-2.jpg

:lmao:

Thread Info