New Shelby Cobra (Barrington)

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
I don't know about you folks, but, I saw a lot of nice cars over the weekend. After seeing a new z06, with tint and plates that read R U Fast, I decided to run up to the dealership on Milwaukee to check out some C6 vettes. Hearing that a procharger with 6 lbs. of boost has those (C6) up to 615 crank HP. Anyway... I worked my way toward home and decided to stop at the Jewel in Barrington. After my quick purchase I leave, make a right on Hough (Barrington Rd) and what do I see coming the other way... A brand spanking new Shelby Cobra. What a beauty... White with blue racing stripes and dealer tags - lucky son of a gun.

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
T_Factor said:
I don't know about you folks, but, I saw a lot of nice cars over the weekend. After seeing a new z06, with tint and plates that read R U Fast, I decided run up to the dealership on Milwaukee to check out some C6 vettes. Hearing that a procharger with 6 lbs. of boost has those (C6) up to 615 crank HP. Anyway... I work my way toward home and decided to stop at the Jewel in Barrington. After my quick purchase I leave, make a right on Hough (Barrington Rd) and what do I see coming the other way... A brand spanking new Shelby Cobra. What a beauty... White with blue racing stripes and dealer tags - lucky son of a gun.

probably the same one that was at the victor ford show. dealer plate white with blue stripe.

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
cobraj said:
I stopped in there Saturday and was told that car belongs to the owner. And he was out driving it when I was there.

"belongs" and is being beaten by are two very different things. $100 says after intial deliveries you will see that car listed as new and "babied" by the owner.

I thought i saw one on sunday, but couldn't tell for sure, i was whippin through traffic and he was going the other way. sure did look like one though.

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
You and I saw the same car. I was just going to write about it.

I was heading south on 59 / Barrington Rd by the Starbucks about 2:30 ish there and saw the same white with blue stripes Shelby you had seen. He was heading north. Man would I have loved to seen him like on 90 or 290.

I doubt he would have played though. Anyway sharp car but still doesnt WOW me. Dont get me wrong, the power plant WOWs me... just not the car. Looks like a GT with strpes. But to each their own.

Thread Info