Spun a rod bearing last Monday! Garage pix

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Well last Monday I spun a rod bearing on my 57k mile 02 Trans Am. QuikCobra can roll freely on Randall without being worried that I'll blow his doors off... for now!

Plans in the works include heads & cam upgrades as well as a forged rotating assembly. The motor should be done in 2-3 weeks time, then I have to get it back in the car which should take another 1-2 weeks.

Next problem will be keeping the axle from grenading...

Creative driveway labelling:
ls1teardown094-1.jpg

Spun what?
ls1teardown109.jpg

How to completely consume a 2 car garage:
ls1teardown133-2.jpg

K member anyone?
ls1teardown113.jpg

Props out to all the buds that have assisted to date with the work going on with my car. Without you boys this project would take me 12 years to complete. 2 days to pull the entire K-member with engine & trans for the first time... pretty awesome! Thx to Bru for the pix too!

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
ROFL @ motor mounts... that wasn't the first thing that came to my mind... but then again I still have full leather interior, sound dampening material, BACK SEATS EVEN! The motor mounts didn't strike me as being much heavier than all the $hit I have in the console... ? LOL

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
Sean, didn't you put down like 375/375 at the dyno day?

Dan, really looking forward to putting everything back together and seeing your car run 14's ;) Seriously, it should be wicked fast once everything is in. Can't wait to hear that cam!!!

mark

that i did, only pulled to 6k instead of 6700 or so where my redline actually is. i use the converted numbers, makes my e penis feel bigger

Thread Info