My S/C Marauder build pictures.

G

guspech750

This is what a stock Mercury Marauder engine looks like.
302HP 4.6L 32V motor. Same a the Mach1 with a few differences.
Stock%20engine.jpg

Heat Exchanger from Froozen Boost, Type 100 install.

HE%20Front%20Mount%202.jpg

HE%20Bottom%20Brackets.JPG

HE%20Front%20Mount%201.JPG

The tear down.

Tear%20Down.JPG

Eaton swap brackets. They make Eaton swaps a piece of cake for Marauder and Mach1 owners. No need to use the Cobra front engine cover or bridge. Just need one of each bracket. Relocates the alternator up top to the left instead of down below like on the 03-04 Cobra.

Swap%20Brackets%204.JPG

Swap%20Brackets%203.JPG

Battery relocated from the right side to the left. I think a modified Fox body battery tray is used. I dont recall. But my buddy made up some brackets to make it more sturdy.

battery%20bracket2.jpg

battery%20bracket.jpg

Some pictures to show how much I had to modify the COT to fit under and behind the snout and pulley. I had to have the Crossover tube cut an inch lower and an inch back to fit.

Moddified%20COT.JPG

Modify%20COT%20Eaton.JPG

Modified%20COT%20Eaton%202.JPG

People in the Marauder community kept saying if you install the Eaton. You cant use the EGR. It will interfere with the wiper cowl. I said BS. My buddy and I just simply opened up the EGR and spun it around so it would clear the wiper cowl. And of course we modified the EGR tube too. I also used the IAT sensor hole on the side of the blower, drilled out, tapped and installed brass fittings for my boost gauge. I relocated the Marauder IAT sensor from the MAF and installed it in the lower intake manifold.

Moddified%20EGR%20Tube.JPG

Moding%20EGR2.JPG

Moding%20EGR.JPG

Rear cooling mod to keep the coolant from puddling in the back of the heads. Which then I connected to the modified crossover tube with a welded bung.

Rear%20Cooling%20Mod.JPG

Wiring in the intercooler pump with a fuse and relay which we mounted behind the right fog light.

Wired%20in%20intercooler%20pump.JPG

Blower installed along with relocated alternator and blower belt tensioner.

Blower%20%26%20Brackets%20Installed.JPG

Blower%20install.JPG

What the clearance looks like with the modified EGR, PCV tube and EGR tube.

EGR%20Fitment.JPG

A borrowed picture of how the Eaton swap brackets relocate the alternator to the top leftside and the blower belt tensioner barcket.

Engine%20Bracket%20Fitment.JPG

Finished pics of the Eaton swap installed.

Close%20up%20of%20finished%20Eaton%20and%20COT.JPG

front%20engine.jpg

right%20side.JPG

left%20side.JPG

My gauge pod.

gauge%20pod.jpg

I installed a factory rear spoiler. Boy talk about being nervous drilling holes in a perfect trunk lid and hoping I did it nice and centered the first time.

Rear%20Spoiler.JPG

Front and rear OEM and Addco swaybar comparisons. Grease fittings on the bushings too.

Rear%20Sway%20Bar%20Comparison.JPG

Front%20Sway%20Bar%20Comparison.JPG

Installed Moog endlinks. So now most of the front and rear ends have many grease fittings to keep it all nice and quiet.

Moog%20Endlink.JPG

Comaprison of the OEM and Zack & Mac rear control arms. Along with R1 concepts rear rotors, ceramic pads from Napa and SS brakelines from TCE.

ZM%20Control%20Arm%202.JPG

OEM%20Control%20Arm.JPG

Install of my Wilwood 13" 6 piston brake kit from TCE. I also flushed all the brake fluid out. And now the 4,500 pound Mercury stops like its hitting a wall!!!

Wilwood%20and%20Rim.JPG

Wilwood%20Install.JPG

Well thats it in a nut shell. :wavey:

G

guspech750

hows that boost a pump work I have been looking at them thinking about getting one, and cool build also, I dig sleeper cars

So far so good. No issues and it keeps the juice flowing.

I believe in short. The BAP increases the voltage to the pump while under boost to make the pump increase the fuel delivery so the air fuel doesn't lean out and go boom.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Here is a good quick little read on a Boost a pump. I'm not so certain on the chip thing in the article but a good read non the less.

http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/Common/pdfs/BAPtheory_kens.pdf

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Holy shit! Nice build! I love when people aren't scared off by folks on the internet claiming that something "can't be done" and figuring a way around it themselves. My hat off to you for a pretty sweet build! :bigthumb:

Bring this thing out to Luke's this summer! I'd love to see it in person... I'm sure it'd be a hit!

G

guspech750

:bowdown:

An Eaton swapped Marauder is on my list of vehicles to own/build. Very clean. Theres a dude out in my area that has one (black, cowl hood)....talked to him a while back, nice guy.

That would be my buddy Bob. He and I did all the motor work at his house. I did the rest myself at my house all alone and skeeeeerd in my garage.:smile:

He is planning and almost done gathering parts for a new built motor for his Marauder. He is looking to be at 550+rwhp when he is done with his new motor. Hes at 445rwhp now.

G

guspech750

Holy shit! Nice build! I love when people aren't scared off by folks on the internet claiming that something "can't be done" and figuring a way around it themselves. My hat off to you for a pretty sweet build! :bigthumb:

Bring this thing out to Luke's this summer! I'd love to see it in person... I'm sure it'd be a hit!

What day of the week is the Lukes shindig and when does it typically start?

SHOmuff

Doing the damn thing.
Oct 22, 2007
Wheaton
That would be my buddy Bob. He and I did all the motor work at his house. I did the rest myself at my house all alone and skeeeeerd in my garage.:smile:

He is planning and almost done gathering parts for a new built motor for his Marauder. He is looking to be at 550+rwhp when he is done with his new motor. Hes at 445rwhp now.

Small world. Yeah, he told me he had a Cobra block sitting at home. When I get a Marauder, I will definitely be hitting you guys up.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Nice build!

I believe I ran into him as well on rt 64. He's got supercharged or s/c badging on it somewhere I believe :dunno: We had a short convo about our cars. Seemed like a nice guy and his car looked sweet.

I'm also interested in a marauder for a DD.

Thread Info