Test fitting 17x11's w 315's.. on the front

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
ok I had a crazy idea today.. see if the rear Deep dish 17x11's with 315's would fit on the front. Its been done before but rarely and I doubt with a car as uber dumped as mine. it took nothing but a 1/4" spacer and I really.. really.. want to do this but... This shot also shows a problem.. 1/4" travel before the wheel hits the fender. :squint: I may trim the lip off in the fenders to clear the tires and spend less on a new computer to swing getting another set of rears from OEwheels.
Pic_1765.jpg

Pic_1766.jpg

At full lock it rubs in the well as well which it does with the 17x9's in the front as well so no biggie there.
Pic_1767.jpg

Doesn't get any more "flush" than this. Yes I run a lot of camber. I always have and No I've never had a tire wear problem.
Pic_1768.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Camber doesn't wear tires; toe wears tires.

Get them rolled and pulled. I've seen 315's on the front of an fbody setup for road courses. Looked awesome

Efffing :werd: to both of you. I can't stand thread after thread of people complaining the camber is wearing out their tires. MAYBE 1/32 tops, other than that, it doesn't.

OP, looks good, that's a whole lot of tire on that car :rofl:

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Camber doesn't wear tires; toe wears tires.

Get them rolled and pulled. I've seen 315's on the front of an fbody setup for road courses. Looked awesome

they are plastic fenders though so I'm not sure what if any rolling can be done.

Efffing :werd: to both of you. I can't stand thread after thread of people complaining the camber is wearing out their tires. MAYBE 1/32 tops, other than that, it doesn't.

OP, looks good, that's a whole lot of tire on that car :rofl:

I hate it too.. people always tell me I must go through tires because of the camber. Its not like I'm running -20 like some of the crazy import guys into Oni Camber do.

It is a lot of tire but it matches the rear nicely. The other option is to get some custom hubcentric spacers made for the front and run the 17x9's in the front but the 11" would just be cooler.. :rofl:

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
The outer fenders are plastic?

Yup.. plastic outer fenders same as the bumper, Doors are fiberglass, 1/4's are steel, tailgate is plastic, wing is I believe fiberglass. Its a crazy bastard mix on these cars. Its the reason why some color cars like mine have panels all change color after they get age on them.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
On my lowered Accord with the toe in spec and camber was at -1.8*, slightly out of spec, it was wearing the very inside edge of my rear tires and the outside edge was not really even touching the road. It was just barley not touching but you could tell when I would drive down my gravel drive way and look at the dust on the tire. Never had a problem with the front tires set at -0.9* of camber.

I just dont understand how camber will have no effect on tire wear. IMO if the tire is riding on the inside edge, that will wear out first.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I'm not too familiar with the fourth gens. Are those fenders the same polymer they used in the Saturds? If so, IIRC there's a few people in that scene that have had some luck heat-molding the fenders. Most of the Auto-X types just let the tires "Self Clearance" though. lol.

Self clearance idea works. :hsugh: Just try putting 28x10.5 MT drags on the rear and you'll quickly find out how this works. :D

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
On my lowered Accord with the toe in spec and camber was at -1.8*, slightly out of spec, it was wearing the very inside edge of my rear tires and the outside edge was not really even touching the road. It was just barley not touching but you could tell when I would drive down my gravel drive way and look at the dust on the tire. Never had a problem with the front tires set at -0.9* of camber.

I just dont understand how camber will have no effect on tire wear. IMO if the tire is riding on the inside edge, that will wear out first.

If there is enough camber to put the outside of the tire off the ground, clearly the inside and the rest of the tire will wear first. 1/32 is the biggest difference I saw with my cars, with camber above 2*. My Evo was 2.2*, but it wasn't driven like a bitch, thus had even tire wear. My s2000 was 3.5*, but again, wasn't driven like a slow ass bitch, so my tires always wore evenly.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel

:rofl: did this guy have rubberband tires on? -1.8* isn't much at all.

There's a HUGE difference between toe being in spec and ZERO toe. Arent you some sort of mechanic or something? Might be time to go back to school....

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
:rofl: did this guy have rubberband tires on? -1.8* isn't much at all.

There's a HUGE difference between toe being in spec and ZERO toe. Arent you some sort of mechanic or something? Might be time to go back to school....

No need to be a dick, just saying what MY car did while it is lowered on H&R springs and before I bought rear adjustable camber arms to fix tire wear issues that is common in lowered Accords. -1.8* is barley out of spec on my car, but is still wore the inside edge, no cupping or anything else weird. I could stand behind my car and totally see the negative camber difference between the front and rear wheels.

I really don't know how your cars with 2 or more degrees or negative camber don't have tire wear issues but every car is different for the most part.

Sorry, not a mechanic, I am a body tech so fuck you.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
If there is enough camber to put the outside of the tire off the ground, clearly the inside and the rest of the tire will wear first. 1/32 is the biggest difference I saw with my cars, with camber above 2*. My Evo was 2.2*, but it wasn't driven like a bitch, thus had even tire wear. My s2000 was 3.5*, but again, wasn't driven like a slow ass bitch, so my tires always wore evenly.

I drive my car like a grandma so..........

Thread Info