junk yard 04' grand prix build

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I bought this thing from a friend of mine that owns a yard, 211k miles straight body just very dirty, interior trashed but only one rip, brakes shot (like no pads at all) battery stone dead, and the guy he picked it up from said the blower motor didnt work but he said the car ran and drove so for $650 I bought it right up, heres a few pics so far ive just been cleaning and buffing some on it, painted the grills and a gxp wing that I had from my other gp, after my tax money comes back I will start ordering the actual engine/ trans parts, the plan is newer motor trans, cam, turbo kit, fuel system = cheap fast street car

dirtygp.jpg

gpdirty2.jpg

grandprix.jpg

nointeriorgp.jpg

painted grills and buffed the front clip but I am going to re buff it after i fix the paint chips
gpgrill.jpg

and painted the gxp spoiler and set it in place to see how it looked still needs wet sanded and buffed
gpspoiller.jpg

so far I have into this project
car $650
some paint about $40
gxp wing I already had
battery $100
the car runs ok and drives good enough for now

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I couldn't help but notice you want said you want to replace the motor? If I might add an opinion on that. I believe your expected power numbers are achievable with that stock l26 that's in there. Since the trans isn't worth shit anyways, you should get the turbo kit, slap it on, learn what it's all about, and go from there. It really seems like higher mileage 3800's last a lot longer than lower mileage ones when big power is added to them. The current motor/trans would be your testing stuff. The trans would probably go right away though, so maybe get a built one, but you can save yourself a lot of initial coin just turbo-ing the current l26. Not touching the motor at all would get you 400whp depending on the turbo kit you get. Those numbers alone are already higher than any of the current "built" transmissions can handle anyhow.

IDK, just thought i would toss that out there. Either way, bad ass pick up. I'm 100% jealous.

Thread Info