Orange GTP with offset black stripe in Bolingbrook

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
On Thursday night, both of us spinning tires/fighting traction control in the salt on 111th st before it merged to one lane. His blower whine was apparent. I saw taillights since one of us had to hit the brakes with us side by side at the merge. Barely over the speed limit, so the safety gurus don't have to get all worked up about it. Would probably be a good rematch on good pavement when I'm not running my stock tune on the GTI for winter. Next time! :)

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Was it this car?

9series1.jpg

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Saw the same car again tonight, and this time we were able to line up on Weber at a stoplight just south of 55. This time I had my 93 octane stage 1 tune active. :dancingcool: Not sure if he noticed me so we both took off normally, but I held it in 1st gear extra long and stayed just in front of him, kind of baiting him... Once I heard him get on it, I did the same. So basically a roll race from about 20mph. I was able to pull about 2-3 carlengths up to about 75 mph, and then we both quickly got back down to the speedlimit. He gave me the thumbs-up through his sunroof when I got back behind him at the next light where he was turning off, and I gave a few polite honks on my way past.

Anybody know this car? Seemed to be heading to Romeoville both times...

Thread Info