Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
20111210-1.jpg

20111210-2.jpg

20111210-3.jpg

:jg:
2004 Ford Excursion 6 liter turbo diesel. Just under 70k on the clock. I've wanted one of these for 10 years. Found this beauty on auto trader on Thursday, checked it out Saturday (took these pics) and drove it, brought it home last night. I love every last bit of it. Crappy cell pics, sorry.

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
I've heard a lot about the EGR delete, gotta read up on that. I *think* i'll be okay without doing the headstuds since I'm not going to bump the power up at all, however I do have a warranty that covers every last ounce of the truck for the entire duration of my financing. :)

Thanks D! Knew you would appreciate. I hear theres a nice lifted one in St Charles. One of my friends mentioned it on my facebook.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Head studs should be his #1 priority. Ford should have just stuck with the 7.3

gah 7.3 swingers make me dizzy.

they are badass motors, of course, they go forever, yes... but they are slow. shit breaks when you tune em mean at all... and not to mention the trucks they occupy will nickle and dime the fuck out of you

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
I'm definitely going to look into the headstuds. With all the lil goodies that are on it already, I actually wouldn't be surprised to find it studded already. I'm thinking about looking up the previous owner (only owner) and talking to him about it, and thanking him for giving up such a beautiful truck.

Panda - it tucks in nicely behind the TGP! :)

Huh????

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
all duramax's have their problems as well though. shit injector lb7s, overheating lly's, then after the halfway point of 06... halfway decent stuff with the lbz... but 06-07 6.0s are solid as well.

no engine will have the legendary reputation that the 7.3 did, because at the time, every other diesel was junk, especially when the 7.3 came out around when automobiles were first invented.

Thread Info