Back in the Saddle Again

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
About damn time.

I lost this car in 2008 due to bad flooding in Aurora:

2005 Mustang GT Convertible 5 speed, BASE car, cloth, no MP3 player even.

Paid $20,500 for it with 18K on the clock. Lost it a month later:

Mustang.jpg

The new pony:

2006, Premium, Loaded to the teeth minus heated seats and Shaker1000 (Has Shaker 500), 25K miles, manual.

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Didn't the Ranger only run super-high 13's?

It ran a 13.9 with 5PSI and no other mods. It may have been able to run a 13.3-13.4 with the cam/supporting mods/extra boost.

Stock 3V Convertibles are supposed to be like 500% more rigid than the 99-04's and can run high 13's as well.

But as I already mentioned, I couldn't care less about the speed. I cared about getting a nicer/newer mustang. I bought it to enjoy, not just to drag race.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
It wasn't a knock against the Ranger. I was just thinking that your stock 3V should still be faster than the modded Ranger.

I know it wasn't. I'm still unsure if Panda was making a Jab at the Ranger or the Mustang :bowrofl:.

The ranger SHOULD have been faster than a stock 3V before I junked it.

The explorer SHOULD still be faster. I will be more than content in spring with a pair of 13 second cars. One SUV to haul crap, and not have to worry about getting dinged up etc, and something 'nice' for good weather/weekends.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
what are you gonna do with the mustang over the winter?

Look out my window and enjoy it sitting outside I guess... I got it for over $7,000 under KBB because of the season. With the ranger scrapped I was left with just the Explorer, which I plan on swapping. It's leaking from the rear diff, the valve cover, and the lower intake manifold right now, so I'm just going to drive it into the ground over winter since it will get the Ranger's 5.0 in March/April depending upon weather.

Remove the door/hood decals, add some wheels, and drop it. Congrats on the purchase.

Sweeeeeeeeeet. I'd remove the Mustang decals that run along the bottom of the door though.

Agreed on the MUSTANG decal, that's gotta go asap...

The hood decal is kinda growing on me as it breaks up the big 'flat' hood that the S197's have. The fake scoop is growing on me too.

I'm going to leave it alone for now (Wheels/Drop), but if I curb/bend one over winter for whatever reason I'll pickup Anchrite (SP) FR500's, would look dead sexy on this car. I Confess to getting a warranty with it, so yet another reason why I have no plans for this car. I also have a thing about not modifying a car with a payment on it, so basically the Explorer gets to be the 'project' and I have mustang to enjoy with a warranty, and being a much newer/nicer car. 5.0 parts are cheap and plentiful, as are Explorer/ranger parts, so I can afford a payment and to keep playing with the explorer while still saving money etc.

nice pickup

Thank you!

I was very so-so on the color in the pictures, Seeing in person it is VERY sharp. I also decided on it because it will be an easy sell during summer if for some reason I decide I can't afford it, or don't like it etc (Being a neutral color and loaded to the teeth with low miles).

I would have liked the darker blue, or the silver, but for the price, and everything else it has going on for it I couldn't be happier.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Very nice, I have wheels/tires, cai, 62mm tb, flowmaster mufflers, stock location off road h-pipe, and long tubed headers/shorty h-pipe for sale!

HONESTLY, I'm even content with the stock exhaust for now. You can HEAR the cackle of un-burnt fuel in the convertible when you are slowing down in gear with the stock exhaust. My old one was the same way, never really wanted exhaust (Granted I only had it for a month...).

My warranty is a FORD warranty, so if I decide to change some things it shouldn't be a big deal.

The warranty was surprisingly cheap for it being an 06 because it doesn't have shit for miles on it, and I just don't want to have to worry about the car while I have payments on it. Dealership ended up finding me financing 1.5% cheaper from BOA than I went in with *Chase*, which basically made up for the cost of the warranty.

Thread Info