76mm rearmounted turbo 04 GTO

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
Just got the car back from Marty (aka Junk86) last Thursday 10/27, he did all the work on the car and so far looks excellent. I dont have any HP numbers yet but hopefully soon.

Build consists of.....

Motor:

Did nothing to the motor pre turbo build it has an HPE S-Cam 238/240 .605/.609 112 LSA, patriot springs, and ls7 lifters. Stock heads, intake, TB

Plans for the motor are...

Vic. Jr. Intake
317's
LS9 Headgaskets
Spec'd turbo cam (dont know by who yet maybe off the self or ed curtis)
Head studs
Stock rotating assembly till it busts haha.

Drivetrain:

Home made 1-Piece drive shaft
Stock 6-speed with spec 3+ clutch
Stock everything else until it breaks.

I would love to build it all at once but dont make that kinda money so it will have to go on the good ole as needed basis.

Turbo setup:

Stock exhaust manifolds
JBA catless mids
Y'ed together into a 3 inch mild steel pipe all the way back
Garrett TV7512 turbo, 76mm with a T6 .96 A/R exhaust side, 5 inch v-band outlet necked down to 4 inch
-4 oil feed
2.5 inch mild steel charge pipe to a 3 inch CXracing intercooler, from the intercooler up to the TB is 3 inch aluminum.
Tial BOV
Tial MVR wastegate
Turbowerx Oil return pump with -10 return that is plumbed into the rear driver side of the valve cover.

Fuel System (not installed yet but have parts)

BBRC Sumped tank
Magnafuel 4303 pump rated at 2000HP N/A, should be good to 1000HP on E-85 hopefully.
Magnafuel Boost ref. regulator
Speed Inc. high flow rail's
FIC Injectors rated at 72 lb/hr at 43 PSI (until e-85 goes in)
-12 feed to pump
-10 feed to rails
-8 return

Used v-bands on the exhaust side

Silicone couplers, t-bolts, and v-bands on the cold side. No worm gear nonsense.

No Numbers yet need to do the fuel system and tune, gonna have it tuned on 93 for now until spring when I do the heads/cam/intake swap. I'm gonna have it retuned on e-85

Car is gonna be speed density as you can see the lack of a MAF in there.

Onto the pics...

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

Painted and wrapped mids
IMG_0006.jpg

The Merge, you can kinda see the intake pipe snake up and over the mid pipe. It runs down the side of the trans. on the left side of the pass. side mid pipe.
IMG_0007.jpg

Ground clearance shot by the rear diff. it's hard to make out the flash would'nt work.
IMG_0009.jpg

Shot of the charge pipe with vband, look how tucked up it is haha
IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

Oil scavenge pump
IMG_0012.jpg

Trunk cover, bolted down with weather stripping underneath
IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

The rest of the car....

You can hardly see the intercooler from a distance or up close haha.

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

Stealthy tailpipe
IMG_0023.jpg

No one will ever know its back there I love it
IMG_0022.jpg

Dirty I know
IMG_0004.jpg

Was told the guy that tigs the BBRC tanks tig'd my aluminum cold side pipes, ehh welds look damn good.
IMG_0005.jpg

Dads G8 just for shits, He drove his 05 GTO to work or else I would have snapped a pic of all of them together.
IMG_0025.jpg

Ahh why not Chevelle too, fresh from a frame of resto.
IMG_0026.jpg

Walk around video

http://www.streetfire.net/video/turbo-gto-walkaround_2331587.htm

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
Damn man, nice build!! You should come out to more meets with this thing now. What's the run down on the Chevelle?

Hey thanks Euro, whens the next meet?

The Chevelle my dad has been working on for prolly 5 years now it was originally a fiberglass tilt front end and the rear quarters were cut in half and replaced with fiberglass.

So the whole car was stripped, frame and body media blasted, frame got powder coating, all new sheet metal up front, new full quarters (had to wait for those cause at the time they only made half's, almost like a patch).

All new suspension with poly bushings front to back, and disc brake conversion.

Its gonna get the big block he had in it back in the day put back in but with lower compression, modern dart heads and a new carb.

Its 450+ cubic inchs I know, I wanna say closer to 500. Ill have to ask him.

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
May I add that the Chevelle used to race alot back in the day on old Doty road, I remember my dad telling me he was one of the first guys in chicago hts. area with nitrous on a car street racing. Everyone us to give him shit for it and not wanna race lol.

Thread Info