KAR's amazingly awesome new DD

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
As some people on here already know, I picked up a new DD a few months ago but just recently started driving it. I scored this car from my grandma and had to fight her on price. She wanted 50$ for it and said no gram I can't get give you only that for the car. Long story short I ended up giving her 200 for the car. Right away it needed a new battery and a brake line replaced. Brake line is why I didn't start driving it right away. So I roughly have 600 invested into this car with it now running.

It's a 1989 mercury tracer hatchback with ONLY 36,9xx miles on it :D
a6898e96-0898-54ef.jpg

Clean interior
a6898e96-08e3-26c6.jpg

And my favorite part about it being a hatch is that I can fit my drumset in it
a6898e96-0925-b1bb.jpg

I plan on tinting it and throwing a little system in there because if I can't have power I need my tunes blasting.

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
Thanks everyone, this thing cracks me up every time I drive it with how small and under powered it is.

Needs 20s, tint, exhaust, and 3300 watts of bass. Then it will be pimp.

Really though nice score. Way to show Grandma who the boss is.
No 20's it wouldn't be able to move it's self :rofl:, it will get tinted I gotta hit up ktravers so get a rough estimate, exhuast I actually thought about as a joke but last week I drove into the city and hit a few bumps, the exhaust right after the cat is rusted and from the bumps it broke so it's loud and annoying now. I'll have to fix that soon. Annnd it will be getting 1500 watts of bass and 500 watts for the interior speakers. Just a little system

IIRC these are just Mazda 323's?

Which means it is a perfect 1.6 Turbo swap candidate... and should have space/provisions for AWD... not saying, just saying.

I believe you are correct and yeah I've already given thought to a engine turbo swap. AWD is enticing though but nothing will be done to this car till I have my own place. For now it's staying a DD.

Thread Info