A DD? Under $501? Bam, contents inside.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
So, i gots me a new ride. Guy at work has had this Lumina for about 1.5yrs, and the last 8months it's been sitting due to not passing emissions, and with that said you can't renew the plates. So it had issues, like a bad misfire, brake lights sometimes don't work, etc. So the funny story...

I go straight to Autozone GET IN THE ZONE BITCHES, and got them codes read. I figured it needed a coil, or wire, plug, etc. Nope, said it had a bad injector. Well this bitch has the 3100, garbage motor like the 3800. I bought a new injector for $80!!!! :fu: and started working on it today. Pull everything apart, slowly finding out it recently had the intake gaskets done :fy: and notice, the effin plug just fell off. It fell off. It fell the fuck off! So i popped that bitch back on, put everything back together, and kaplow, perfectly awesome DD/Winter car for under $501. Been driving it around all day today, it's pretty nice.

pics, i'll get more tomorrow

P1030793.jpg

P1030792.jpg

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
2 wide, 1 deep for the garage, ballin :rofl: it's a beast. I talk a lot of shit about GM cars with motors like this, but in all fairness, I guarantee this thing will last another 100,000k easy, and it cost next to nothing. This is why, no matter what, I will return to 3100, 3400, or 3800 junk for a long time lol.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Amen to that, this was a lucky find. I doubt i'll be able to give it up either. So cheap I can park it anywhere, drive it anywhere, and never have to worry about door dings, or someone trying to steal it :rofl:

:fy:

When I had my $500 blazer, I actually used to park at the back of parking lots next to porsche's and MB's etc... I'd never touch their car, but it was always funny to be the only douchebag in the back of the lot next to $100,000 cars.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
So, i gots me a new ride. Guy at work has had this Lumina for about 1.5yrs, and the last 8months it's been sitting due to not passing emissions, and with that said you can't renew the plates. So it had issues, like a bad misfire, brake lights sometimes don't work, etc. So the funny story...

I go straight to Autozone GET IN THE ZONE BITCHES, and got them codes read. I figured it needed a coil, or wire, plug, etc. Nope, said it had a bad injector. Well this bitch has the 3100, garbage motor like the 3800. I bought a new injector for $80!!!! :fu: and started working on it today. Pull everything apart, slowly finding out it recently had the intake gaskets done :fy: and notice, the effin plug just fell off. It fell off. It fell the fuck off!

:bowrofl: you had me LMAO'ing in the middle of a company meeting. Nice work!

Sick pick up man!

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
:rofl: I love this thing. Reminds me of my GP's when they were untouched by my hand of breaking every f*cking thing i own. It's so quiet, rides like a boat, handles like garbage, yep, it's a GM product :s00ls: For real though, this thing is pretty awesome. I do however, have one big issue with it.. IDK WTF GM was thinking when they put this tiny weak little 3100 into a car so big. The poor motor is working it's ass off just trying to keep up with regular traffic :roflpicard: Hopefully it sips fuel, which me reminds me. This is the 2nd car i've ever owned out of 16 that uses REGULAR fuel :fy: It's been a solid 3-4 years easy since i picked up the regular pump. Felt weird but a little arousing at the same time.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
IDK if they replaced that :dunno: it's a 98, really strong runner though. As long as it takes me through the winter, i'm all good. Or even half way through the winter, tough to even find a running car for $500 nowadays. It was definitely a lucky grab, that's for damn sure.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
:pedobear::fy::fy::fy:

Damn dude thats sweet! It is one of the best cars in the snow. And it gets great mileage. I got 30+ on the highway mutiple times with the 3100. I do have some tips. I would check the brand on the plugs and make sure they arent some cheap shit. They tend to not agree with the GM coilsysten. Also since it was miss firing. you could have some carbon build up so throw in some seafoam.

If you have any other problems I am the guy to ask. and since you're getting right around the mileage that these cars seem to eat cats I still have the one I threw on my 3100 before I swapped. Its got only 3k on it with a new rear o2 as well.

its yours cheap.

BTW Welcome to the 1.5 gen family

Thread Info