Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Pic_1669.jpg

Pic_1670.jpg

Pic_1671.jpg

Pic_1660.jpg

one more.. I broke out the angle grinder and welder and opened up the intake under the filter a lot. Time to fab up a cold air.
Pic_1654.jpg

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
WHAT!? thats prob my 2nd fav pic in this thread.

Can I use that pic as my phone background?

Yeah man go for it use it as you want.

Floor mat is just one of those things. I drive the car every day all weather and just gave up replacing the mats every year or so. Now there is a sheet of Aluminum under the mat to keep from wearing through the carpet and I leave the Holy mat.. lol. Actually I'm used to it and if the mat moves it feels all wrong!

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
not sure about the pedal shot with the worn carpet but that airbox shot is interesting

Yeah I was going to fab up a cold air setup to stop pulling hot air from the radiator. when I pulled it apart I saw how little room there was to work with and decided to open things up. I have some sheet steel and aluminum ready I just need to get some steel rod to move the trans cooler mount out of the way and its cold air time.

one more shot of it from another angle. the round piece is just a section of 2" exhaust tubing that I split in half it fit perfectly in place of the section I cut out and looks good.

Pic_1655.jpg

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
you should mount the trans cooler horizontally under the passenger fog light.
thats how mine is.

you can find pictures on ls1tech

Nahh.. I Had it like that with a remove fan on it and didn't like it. Just not enough air movement and I was constantly running the fan. I've found this setup to work the best and save a bit of extra weight not running a separate fan. I modified the wiring of the factory fans to be able to manually turn the pass side fan on independently to pull air through the trans cooler and the radiator. Also changed the tune and have an indicator light on the dash to let me know when the fan is running.

School Boy

Spray the cubic inch at it!
Mar 28, 2011
Yeah I was going to fab up a cold air setup to stop pulling hot air from the radiator. when I pulled it apart I saw how little room there was to work with and decided to open things up. I have some sheet steel and aluminum ready I just need to get some steel rod to move the trans cooler mount out of the way and its cold air time.

one more shot of it from another angle. the round piece is just a section of 2" exhaust tubing that I split in half it fit perfectly in place of the section I cut out and looks good.

Pic_1655.jpg

you should check out the chris1313 intake that speedinc has, its a really nice ram air setup.

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010

heat sink?

PonPon12

Sep 7, 2011
Nahh.. I Had it like that with a remove fan on it and didn't like it. Just not enough air movement and I was constantly running the fan. I've found this setup to work the best and save a bit of extra weight not running a separate fan. I modified the wiring of the factory fans to be able to manually turn the pass side fan on hid blue headlights to pull air through the trans cooler and the radiator. Also changed the tune and have an indicator light on the dash to let me know when the fan is running.

I honestly feel like I love your shots more then your car. lol. Do you do stuff if photography? If not, you should really look into something like that. Oh and I also like the pedal shot.

Thread Info