Finally dropped my TBSS

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I always said I wasn't going to lower my Trailblazer because I use it to tow and I didn't want it to affect that. Good thing the blown struts helped me change my mind and it's sitting at 31 3/4" at the front fender lip and 32 1/4" at the rear lip (shouldn't affect towing too much).

a6898eda-29f2-3751.jpg

a6898eda-2a16-693c.jpg

a6898eda-2a31-4909.jpg

a6898eda-2a4a-f146.jpg

a6898eda-2a69-8af0.jpg

a6898eda-2a8b-ac31.jpg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Thanks guys.

SMUG I hate the "murdered out" look and don't even like using that term and all black was NEVER going to happen. I was looking for chrome 22's but I got such a great deal on the painted 22's that I couldn't pass it up, maybe some day I'll have the rims chromed but for now I'm loving the grey.

CRUNK I'm with you on dropping bigger SUV's but I wanted to fill up the wheel wells a little. I could almost stick my fist in between the top of the tire and the fender lip. I was sick of the Grave Digger look.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
I didn't use a kit. Belltech struts with a 16mm spacer, cut the bump stops an inch and it aligned perfectly, you only need the modified arms if you're going really low which isn't advised for an AWD. Rears got new Belltechs, cut the stops an inch and an airbag adjustment.
ohhh dam, so i gotta put some struts in if i want to lower it?

yeah to lower it .75 you can just do the belltech drop struts. anything else you have to get the modified A-arms that are longer to change balljoint angle.

any lower without arms and you max the balljoints, like im doing right now.

you really have Belltechs or KBEE coilovers to choose from for these trucks.

when you install, make sure you flip the spring perch to cover the spacer. i think i did wrong spacers hence why my shits sooo low. need to swap it out sooner or later but too lazy.

takes maybe hour or so to do it. spring compressor is nice too.

Thread Info