GF's new whip.....what should i do to it?

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
my GF just got a 2012 Genesis coupe 2.0t R-spec..... anybody know worthwhile mods?

IMG_1338.jpg

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Yea the computer is pretty locked up but it basically has the same motor as the ralliart lancer. It's definitely no rocketship but it's faster than my GF's old mini S so she's happy. The reason she really likes it is because the handling is really crisp and sporty. She doesn't really wanna play with boost yet but intake or exhaust aren't out of the question. Just don't really know what makes the most difference. And @ datturbo.... Name another 2012 car for 23k that is domestic that would be a better choice and is RWD turbo 6speed

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Looked at these when I was buying my rex. Biggest turnoff was that it looks like a girls car, and as already stated I heard the motors don't run all that great. I would think a DP, and intake would make a little improvement. Prolly gonna have to dig into the computer though in order to see some decent gains.

Yea there are a few people with huge horsepower genesis' but most are hitting about 300rwhp before hitting a wall. Still drives really well tho

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
If you and your gf are buying a new car for it to have warranty, then why are you wondering about modding it? Most mods except maybe intake and exhaust tend to start voiding the warranty. I'd say tint it, intake and exhaust and that's it till she doesn't have to worry about the warranty.

There's this thing called a warranty that somebody who doesn't work on cars, say a 22 year old girl, thinks is important.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Hate to say it but the car has unrefined handling and pokey performance compared to other new cars the same price, like the GTI, WRX and speed3. Even the V6 Mustang with performance package would be a more performance-oriented choice. All about the $25k mark. I know you're not asking people what they think about this car but now your gf has a $25k car that needs mods and $$$ to keep up with cars the same price. I did some research on mods while I was driving the car a few weeks ago and you should check out gencoupe.com. It seems to be the largest community out there.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
If you and your gf are buying a new car for it to have warranty, then why are you wondering about modding it? Most mods except maybe intake and exhaust tend to start voiding the warranty. I'd say tint it, intake and exhaust and that's it till she doesn't have to worry about the warranty.

This isn't my first time modding a warrantied car. Working at a dealership myself I know what can and cannot be done as far as keeping a warranty. And yes, she's gonna start with visual stuff of course. I'm installing navi in it very soon (hate how r-specs can't have factory navi). And she's scheduled for tint and a lip spoiler as well

Thread Info