I'm no longer ashamed, Pics of my ride:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Alright, since I have something finally fun, that moves out decently, I decided to finally post up pictures for everyone that hasn't seen my bucket o crap.

Before I post pictures, before anyone askes why I have such a bucket, and why don't I sell it for a nicer one, lemme give the brief history on the car.

This car was bought brand new off the lot in 1991 *as a 92 model* by my mother and father, its a bottom of the line CX, Manual EVERYTHING, power NOTHING. The down payment on this car was provided by my grandfather *Mothers father*, who had just passed away, but due to her poor credit, the car was in my fathers name. My parents divorced in 96ish *can't even remeber, its been awhile* and my dad got the car, as it was in his name. My dad promised me when I was like 12, that it would be my car one day, and sure enough, I turned 16, and he didn't give me jack shit. Finally, in Oct of 06, the IRS was putting pressure on him due to him avoiding some un-paid tax *And not paying child support* so he signed the car off to me so the IRS couldn't take it. So all these years later, the car that picked me up on weekends, the car that I learned to drive stick in, is now mine, and happens to be one of the most desirable civic platforms ever made.

as far as just how badly beat up this car is, It has spent nearly its entire life in the city of chicago, but was under-body coated at the dealer, so the under body is still solid. The rippled hood is due to the latch failing years back, and my dad never bothered replacing the latch/cable, just the glass (I did replace the latch/cable)

PIC-0425.jpg

PIC-0426.jpg

PIC-0428.jpg

PIC-0427.jpg

PIC-0429.jpg

PIC-0430.jpg

PIC-0431.jpg

PIC-0433.jpg

I fucking love the way this shifter and shift knob look/feel in this car

PIC-0432.jpg

And the B18B love:

PIC-0394.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
rough around the edges but its got potential!

at least paint that valve cover!

I need to get around to that :hs:

now that the mechanicals are sound, I am gonna deal with the suspension, and once thats done, body work, then lastly, boost.

The engine bay looks alot better now that netchemica and leddzepp cleaned it for me. *haven't taken a pic of that yet*

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I think flat black would look awesome with the rims to match. Jeez those rear fenders are rust magnets...my mom has the same gen except a sedan and has the same problem, but what are your plans for it as far as performance?

I just finished this engine swap over the past few weeks, and has intake and full exhaust *minus the header* so it probably has about the stock hp right now *142 crank*

The goal is 250-275 with a decent turbo setup because these blocks are REALLY sturdy, and I want to try to retain the sleeper look, I'm dumping the ricer rear-view mirrors, and the rear is getting gutted.

and to those who are curious, the exhaust sounds REALLY good, DEFIANTLY not typical ricer 4-banger sound, it sounds VERY smooth and throaty.

Last edited:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
If anyone has any suggestions on visual stuff, I'm open to opinions.

I'm ditching the ricer mirrors
I put on the amber corners *I like them*
I want a 5 or 6 spoke 15" rim, silver or black
I want a carbon fiber OEM hood, or a white, OR black OEM hood to replace the wrecked one
I want a black tailgate or fiber tailgate *Mines rusted out*
I want a civic "EX" front lip eventually.
*As well as all the above, rust repair, and a re-paint.*

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
yea the slipstreams are nice too. might as well just get the integra fat spoked wheels.

now paint job:
I like white, stick with it.
i say either painted carbon hood. (draws ALOT less attention)
or carbon hood, roof & A-pillars painted black with a carbon hatch.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
yea the slipstreams are nice too. might as well just get the integra fat spoked wheels.

now paint job:
I like white, stick with it.
i say either painted carbon hood. (draws ALOT less attention)
or carbon hood, roof & A-pillars painted black with a carbon hatch.

Problem with painting carbon fiber is it doesn't stick well unless you have a hard-core professional do it, and it costs good money.

Roof's Fucked, I may get it painted black because even with repair it may be noticeable. (Less so if its black maybe? It has hail damage all over it, can't see it in the pics)

if I do CF hood/hatch and not get them painted, new rear bumper, new driver side front fender, it would minimize needed repair prior to painting, as well as minimize the amount needed TO be painted, thats the plan atleast.

Thread Info