S-S-S-Supraaa

tony275

Farfegnugen
Apr 20, 2010
Sycamore, IL
Went out with Steven and snapped a few quick ones of the Supra. Here's some of the pics! They turned out pretty well for no tripod!

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0056-1.jpg

DSC_0055-1.jpg

DSC_0053-1.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0045-1.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0039-1.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0026-1.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0001-1.jpg

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
man tony, you work fast! lol your shots look great!

skeezer- lol, im the one the would need the hit! i dont have the wheel time that you have. :) as far as i know, this could be a 13sec car!

Thanks for the kind words everyone! still has quite a way to go, but from where its come from, i'm not too concerned.

tony275

Farfegnugen
Apr 20, 2010
Sycamore, IL
man tony, you work fast! lol your shots look great!

skeezer- lol, im the one the would need the hit! i dont have the wheel time that you have. :) as far as i know, this could be a 13sec car!

Thanks, homie. I do what I can, still honing in on editing. Getting it down a little more every time.

That's why I didn't get the "want the hit" comment, it's not my car!

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Not bad for shooting such long exposures without a tripod. ya should have bumped the iso up which would allow for faster shutter speeds and no motion blur. D5100 can handle high ISO on par with my D700.

That is one good lookin' Supra. I'm guessing the exhaust is dumped somewhere under the car? Its a lot cleaner that way without some huge muffler hanging off the back like most supra seem to have.

tony275

Farfegnugen
Apr 20, 2010
Sycamore, IL
Not bad for shooting such long exposures without a tripod. ya should have bumped the iso up which would allow for faster shutter speeds and no motion blur. D5100 can handle high ISO on par with my D700.

That is one good lookin' Supra. I'm guessing the exhaust is dumped somewhere under the car? Its a lot cleaner that way without some huge muffler hanging off the back like most supra seem to have.

I'm definitely going to keep that in mind next time around. The lighting was changing with clouds passing, So I was just shooting left and right :p
BTW how'd you know it was the 5100?

Haha, usually his has the 4" exhaust ;]

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I'm definitely going to keep that in mind next time around. The lighting was changing with clouds passing, So I was just shooting left and right :p
BTW how'd you know it was the 5100?

Haha, usually his has the 4" exhaust ;]

Look into setting up the auto ISO on the camera. That way it will automatically raise it to keep things steady. Just don't get too crazy raising it because the higher you go the more grainy the photos look. for a d5100 I'd set it to shutter speed 1/60 and max iso 1600 or so.

I know the camera because I'm psychic. I also know you shot these with the 18-55 kit lens. lol.. Actually all cameras save EXIF data with the photos. Some photographers wipe the data out though to protect their secrets of how they nailed certain shots but you can get a plugin for Firefox called XFIF that displays that data for any photo. Its really handy to have. Just right click on the photo and you can show the data.

tony275

Farfegnugen
Apr 20, 2010
Sycamore, IL
Look into setting up the auto ISO on the camera. That way it will automatically raise it to keep things steady. Just don't get too crazy raising it because the higher you go the more grainy the photos look. for a d5100 I'd set it to shutter speed 1/60 and max iso 1600 or so.

I know the camera because I'm psychic. I also know you shot these with the 18-55 kit lens. lol.. Actually all cameras save EXIF data with the photos. Some photographers wipe the data out though to protect their secrets of how they nailed certain shots but you can get a plugin for Firefox called XFIF that displays that data for any photo. Its really handy to have. Just right click on the photo and you can show the data.

Touche, my friend. ;]

Still getting used to Nikon's setup after switching from Canon recently, and next step is messing with ISO. This camera's ISO capabilities far outreach my Canon, so I'm kind of excited to see the outcome.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Touche, my friend. ;]

Still getting used to Nikon's setup after switching from Canon recently, and next step is messing with ISO. This camera's ISO capabilities far outreach my Canon, so I'm kind of excited to see the outcome.

Yes it does.. The high ISO handling of the 5100 is on Par in the full frame Nikon D700 and D3. crank that puppy up to 6400 and its like night vision. lol!

Thread Info