picked up a 300zxTT

mat0485

Addict
Nov 27, 2009
Aurora
After my gtp got rear ended i just wasnt happy with it. felt dirty. Sold it in june and began the search for a new car.

I've always loved the 300zx, Twin turbos, t-tops, come on how can you not?

So i picked up this 1990 Nissan 300zx TT 5spd. It's got 4 wheel steering and push button adjustable suspension which is instantaneous and just crazy how it works. Interior is near spotless with new leather seats. exterior needs a few touch ups. New spoiler needed(stock is made from foam and shitty from the sun and age) also front bumper has a crack.

now the goods-
300zx14.jpg

300zx15.jpg

300zx16.jpg

mat0485

Addict
Nov 27, 2009
Aurora
paid 6500. was asking 9000 originally. There is no demand for these cars right now. so buyers have the edge. car has 115k on it. just had 120k maint done. will run great as soon as i replace the injector harness's. running on 5 cylinders now. its just my toy. I plan to get some rims and get the body work done. maybe a few years pulls the motor and rebuild.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Congrats on the pickup. White on red is where it is at though ;)

Nissan called it HICAs

Basically from 90-94 you have power steering fluid running to a rear cylinder that lets the rear wheels steer I believe a couple of degrees at mostly highway speeds for faster/smooth lane changes. I also believe it will give you a little bit of countersteer if you lose it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSqT_8vxgHk

Mine is disabled mostly for the width of tires/wheels I am running.

Thread Info