1995 Blazer Rebuild.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Through an interesting chain of events, I got a 1995 Chevrolet Blazer with 92,000 miles on it for free. Well, not technically... but it was given to me in trade for a car that I gave to a close friend because they recently fell on some hard times. I'm out $500 for the car I gave them (1998 Grand Prix GT) and got the blazer because she had no use for it...

The front end took a pretty decent hit, but It's not horribile. Her brother was driving it and smacked a tree with it during a snow storm :rollpicard: Since I have nothing to loose, I figured I'd try my hand at some body work, as I have always been more on the mechanical end of things. The truck is in great shape and runs AWESOME, but the radiator is cracked so I can't run it long.

Essentially, my goal is to do all the panel/bumper fitment. It's going to need a core support and an hour or two on a frame machine. Nothing major, I just want it perfect. I'm either going to go ahead and sell it afterwards and recouperate my money, or I'm going to use it as a work truck and slap a plow on it along with the Jeep. By my estimates, I'll be into the thing no more than $1,200 and that includes the purchace price of the Grand prix ($500) Plus my investments ($200)

I wasn't thinking, and thus didn't get any before pictures, but after about an hour and a half of work, I have the bumper, hood grills, and other misc. parts off. The fender will stay on until I get it to my body guy because it is the mounting point for the ECU and other random shit.

Here's the truck as it sits currently. Going to redneck pull the core support a bit so the fan isn't grinding away at the shroud.
IMAG0203.jpg

This is the frame "damage" that's the very bottom where the tow hook and bumper mount. It's bent. The good thing is that the frame itself is not. That piece is welded to the end of the frame and thus, can be repositioned fairly easily.
IMAG0204.jpg

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
you have cars coming out of your ears man !
good luck with the build. since you have the jeep, i would sell this truck once you have it back up and operational.

I keep the ones that are useful to me, but just flip 99% of the cars I get. This one I'll probably end up keeping because I will be less than 1,300 into it by my estamations. It's like new, has very little rust, and only has 92,000 miles on it. Plus, It's a full frame truck and would be much better with a plow on it than my Jeep.

Thread Info

• Outlaw
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list