Terminator-Fox's 03 Cobra Build Thread

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
Update here. http://www.thechicagogarage.com/for...-my-03-cobra-engine-winter-2.html#post2573137

I thought I'd share what kept me busy this winter and my pockets empty. I'm extremely pleased with how the engine turned out looks wise. I'm hoping the dyno numbers will be good as well. I have many other things on the list of things to do this spring. Let me know what you think :bang:

Dec '10

DSC00642.jpg

Tear down and Beer!

DSC00805.jpg

Finished engine for now :thumbsup:

DSC00967.jpg

DSC00969.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

DSC00971.jpg

DSC00972.jpg

DSC00974.jpg

The Car

DSC00647.jpg

IMG_20110507_140533.jpg

IMG_20110729_110917.jpg

DSC01741.jpg

Last edited:

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
nice.
seems like I'm always too late on the good deals. No point in buying a used one for only a couple hundred bucks less than a new one. Hoping to pull the trigger on one this season.

We'll see how long I'm content with the 2.3 I do want a 2.9 eventually. I might be ordering CCW classics for the car as well soon :bigthumb:

Oh here's a quick shot of my drag wheels I got this winter as well. Mmmm... Bogarts :hsughc:

MyDSGBogartD10s2.jpg

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
We'll see how long I'm content with the 2.3 I do want a 2.9 eventually. I might be ordering CCW classics for the car as well soon :bigthumb:

Oh here's a quick shot of my drag wheels I got this winter as well. Mmmm... Bogarts :hsughc:

MyDSGBogartD10s2.jpg

that looks great.
I got slicks and wheels last fall, hoping to get something for up-front too.
Yeah with the 2.9 coming out, I was hoping/expecting to see lots of 2.2/2.4 KB and 2.3 Whipples for sale. Not so much the case-- and the ones that are, seems like they are asking too much for used.

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
that looks great.
I got slicks and wheels last fall, hoping to get something for up-front too.
Yeah with the 2.9 coming out, I was hoping/expecting to see lots of 2.2/2.4 KB and 2.3 Whipples for sale. Not so much the case-- and the ones that are, seems like they are asking too much for used.

People still pay crazy money for 2.2's I think. It seems they dont care about the power but rather the whine :dunno:

It's to bad I had a pair of Bogart front runners I sold not to long ago.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I agree with all the droolers above.

Except for the blue covers. That car just screams "I'm Bad" but pop the hood and its like you're asking someone to coddle you and tell you how pretty it looks as opposed to oogling over the performance enhancements you're rocking.

I dunno... just my thoughts. Still a sick setup though!

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
I agree with all the droolers above.

Except for the blue covers. That car just screams "I'm Bad" but pop the hood and its like you're asking someone to coddle you and tell you how pretty it looks as opposed to oogling over the performance enhancements you're rocking.

I dunno... just my thoughts. Still a sick setup though!

It's cool. I like to look good and go fast. Some people go overboard with polishing everything and that's not for me. Just a few polished pieces in there. I've always loved the blue VC's though.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
People still pay crazy money for 2.2's I think. It seems they dont care about the power but rather the whine :dunno:

It's to bad I had a pair of Bogart front runners I sold not to long ago.

yeah, they do sound great.
who's doing the tuning? Just had Kurgan re-tune my car this past fall.
Not sure what I'll do when it comes time again-- either wait for him to come back up or maybe check out Tim @ norms garage

Thread Info