Finally got a new DD to replace the Jeep... Pics Inside :D

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Kind of a long read... *CLIFFS AT BOTTOM*

I've been toying with the idea of getting a new truck for awhile, when I first drove the new body style Chevy/GMC Pickups as well as the Tahoe's and Yukons I fell in love with them. The styling, interior, and mostly the way the damn things drive... I had a 1997 Suburban awhile back and my mom has a 2003 Yukon XL 2500. The steering brakes have always felt loose and spongy to me, but these trucks drive SOOO much better. Steering feels like a Range Rover IMHO. My Jeep just hit 150,000 miles on my way back from Michigan last week, and with the amount of driving, especially road trips I take, I felt I would hold off on a new performance car for a year or two and get something that would be reliable with a warranty.

I'm keeping my Jeep and will be putting a Western Unimount 6'5" plow on her, I just finished ball joints, inner and outer tie rod ends and the tie rod adjustment sleeve in preperation for the new plow.

SOOOOO, I decided to get this :fy:

IMAG0059.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

It's a 2011 GMC SIERRA Z-71

-5.3 V8 with Active Fuel Managment
-6-Speed Auto
-Z-71 Package
-Black/Black leather
-Dual Zone Climate control
-Tow Package
-Power Tech Package (gave me power everything, seats, locks, windows, cruise, steering wheel controls, etc etc.)

I bought it from Mike Haggerty Buick GMC in Oak Lawn today with 6 miles on it, now its got close to 100 :D. I can't say enough about the guys at Haggerty, I'm in the car buisness, and for me to have anything good to say about a big dealership like that is truely well deserved. I Piggybacked alot of incentives, a college student discount, etc. and they were very willing to work with me. Their finance guy even made 4 phone calls to bump me up into a higher financing catagory for a better rate that he felt I deserved to be in.

Overall, I am VERY happy with the truck and my purchacing experience.

And now... The part you all want to know anyways... the modification plans :bigthumb:

As of now I have a 5 year/100k mile warranty, so I will be doing NOTHING to fuck with that lol. For now, these are my plans

-Cat back exhaust (SLP or Magnaflow, leaning towards SLP, loved their sound on my LS1)
-Cold Air Intake (K&N, Volant or Airaid)
-Window tint to match factory tint on rear (20%ish)
-Tint taillights, but taping off reverse lights
-Line-X the bed
-Getting a matte black diamond plate toolbox
-Installing my CB Radio out of my Jeep with a new dual antenna kit (mounted to new toolbox)
-Trailer brake controler

After the warranty is up, probably a nice 4" Suspension lift on some 35" M/T's, but for now I have NO problem with it as it sits lol.

*Cliffs* I GOT A NEW TRUCK.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I've heard that about their service... I will probably use Grossinger Chevy downtown for my warranty work, I do buisness with them, know their service manager, used car manager, and a tech there. I know I would get taken care of, and.. It's 2 miles from my work, and a quick ride on the Halsted bus, drop dat shit off and catch the bus to work, get a lift back at the end of the day. Boom. Tough actin' Tinactin.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I've heard that about their service... I will probably use Grossinger Chevy downtown for my warranty work, I do buisness with them, know their service manager, used car manager, and a tech there. I know I would get taken care of, and.. It's 2 miles from my work, and a quick ride on the Halsted bus, drop dat shit off and catch the bus to work, get a lift back at the end of the day. Boom. Tough actin' Tinactin.

You have the win win locked down then.! :fy:

Thread Info