New guy... here's my current project

My 94 s10. Stripped it down to the bare frame, had it sandblasted, and repainted it. Everythings new... I've replaced the entire steering, suspension, and brake systems. I had all the accessory brackets and pulleys powder coated, as well as a few of the engine parts. I put in an 8.8 disk brake rear end from an explorer. Trans is a built 4L60 with a stall.

As of right now, the cab is back on and it's on 4 wheels again. I still need to run a few brake lines and plumb the fuel system. After that, it's just bolting on the bed and fenders/front end. Hopefully it'll be fired up within a month or so!

l_fb8ccd1608acdbddb6c16c7afbc8515c.jpg

l_8a74c0933278878e1731484483258fc4.jpg

l_5eb5ef69b05270b3cd1f08c61d050b76.jpg

l_97a5feccd7505299dcfe8695d404756c.jpg

Here's what it looked like before I tore it apart... and YES it's lowered now!

blacks102.jpg

And finally, here's a little video compilation of my old truck. I sold it a little over a year ago. Never had it to the track, but judging by some of the vehicles I raced I'm confident that it was a mid to high 12 second truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1s-d1YFfmQ

Just figured no introduction at a car forum is complete without showing my vehicles, opinions are welcome!

nice....looking good....fast I bet....hows traction though with it?

Thanks. Traction isn't as bad as a lot of people assume, really it's about weight transfer like any other rear wheel drive vehicle. I put softer springs up front to get some lift, and I have southside machines lift bars for the back. Eventually this one will probably get ladder bars.

As for the s-series forums, I'm on a lot of them but normally only post at v8s10.org.

Thread Info