Pics of the new bird/So long GP :(

blkgp2000

Regular
Oct 23, 2008
Well, a few weeks ago i decided to replace the Grand Prix with a Trans Am.

The GP was running fine and i was getting set to have it top swapped in the spring but i started hearing a loud clunking noise in the rear whenever i moved slowly over a bump. My mechanic couldn't figure it out and all i could think of was the rusted through strut towers and how something might be happening there. I took it to a few body shops and they all said it would be very costly to repair it. Anyway, we just happened to find a good deal on an 01 Trans Am so i decided to part ways with the GP :tear: It just hit 140,000 so i guess it had a good run. It was just sad to see it go after almost 8 years of ownership.

Now for the more exciting part. We got what i think was a good deal on a 2001 Trans Am with 25,000 miles. It only had 1 owner and it is really mint and clean. It is also cool to own this because my wife has an 01 WS6 so now we have his/her T/As. I must say, i'm happy with my new purchase. This car is a blast to drive, even in winter. I don't think i'll ever get tired of that V8 sound. Anyway, i don't have many pics due to the fact it has been so crappy outside, but here are a few:

Dealer pics

The first pic in my driveway

Also, I just wanted to say thanks to all the W-Body guys/gals for their input and help over the years with any questions i may have had. You are all very knowledgeable and you are doing some great things with those cars. I'll always have a special place in my heart for GPs :)

blkgp2000

Regular
Oct 23, 2008
Not too bad, i got my ws6 for 13K and that was with twice as many miles(52k).

What mods are you planning and is your significant others modded yet? I can't recommend enough what a nice size stall, lid and long tube headers will do for you. That is a great place to start

I'm just going to enjoy it stock right now. The only thing we've done to her car is install Subframe Connectors. Other than that, she wants to keep it stock.

BTW, nice WS6! These cars look awesome in white

Thread Info