Finally pics of my car

Cutie_M69

Ooo, Peice of Candy!
Dec 1, 2007
Marseilles, IL
i washed my car today. i was going to wax then remembered the clear coat was gone, so i decided against it.

i know the front driver side rim is dirty, the axle on that side has no boot and haven't had time to put the new one in. (Dan priority is his race car not my DD)

The paint is chipping bad in a few places but am planning on rattle can black this summer.

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
plate on dash bad
color good

We never got around to mounting it because I had to tear apart the front end when I replaced the front clip anyways (I installed new headlights, turnsignals, and a new headpanel)

Its come a long way since we bought it and I did the 'quick and dirty' repair to get it home:

(pics of it AFTER I replaced the hood and radiator and pulled the core support out)

PIC-0287.jpg

PIC-0288.jpg

Then again, it only cost like $300 + the radiator/hood

and it came with *and I already sold* $250 in after market parts in the trunk.

Last edited:

SHOmuff

Doing the damn thing.
Oct 22, 2007
Wheaton
Do not rattle can that shit! Moonlight blue is my favorite SHO color. Take it to TCD lol. $1000 full repaint....not the greatest, but better than rattle cans. I like the slo hood too...much nicer than the stock sho hood.

*Edit* Your car sprayed at TCD will probably be less than 1k because theres no body work. We did my buddy's Crown Vic with body work, paint and pinstripe for about 1k.

Last edited:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Do not rattle can that shit! Moonlight blue is my favorite SHO color. Take it to TCD lol. $1000 full repaint....not the greatest, but better than rattle cans. I like the slo hood too...much nicer than the stock sho hood.

*Edit* Your car sprayed at TCD will probably be less than 1k because theres no body work. We did my buddy's Crown Vic with body work, paint and pinstripe for about 1k.

:rofl:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Dasfinc, you care more about your honda "race car" than a car your GF has to drive to work everyday?

She makes it sound like a bad thing...

I'm trying to get the civic back on the road so she can drive it while we repair the SHO

if we have 2 cars down, and only 1 car up, it makes it hard for us to both get to work. I have NO idea how long or hard it is to replace the axle and trans mount on the SHO, while I'm only maybe 2-3 hours away from having the civic finished, and I want to have the civic running and on standby so she has a car to get to work in if we can't finish the SHO repairs in a day.

Also, keep in mind, the last time we did a repair on her car (front brakes which HAD to be done immediatly) and we didn't have a spare car, we ended up driving to naperville to pickup a $5 part, and were at her dads working on the car until 1Am on a sunday night because one of the slider pins had seized, Anything that CAN go wrong while repairing a SHO taurus usually does and the axle is fine for the moment.

If we are to keep this car, we need to get a new core support welded in, and replace the hood with yet another SLO hood (its damaged in one corner, but not as bad as the old blue one was) before we get it painted.

But yes, this is my favorite car color by far, and it looks kinda cool with the white rims too (leddzepp/Paul actually made the recommendation to the previous owner on SHOCAGO IIRC)

Last edited:

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
Also, it has the same engine that I had in my 93 ATX.

*Litereally, my white 93 was parted out, and its motor ended up in this car that we bought* so I know all the work put into the engine.

Holy frickin' crap. The white SHO motor? That thing should be a god damned dog... It definitely has potential. I wouldn't mind owning an atx. The setup Paul was lookin at sounded pretty sick.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Holy frickin' crap. The white SHO motor? That thing should be a god damned dog... It definitely has potential. I wouldn't mind owning an atx. The setup Paul was lookin at sounded pretty sick.

Not sure how to take that :hs: (When I think 'goddamned dog' I think slow).
Assuming you mean good since you say it has potential, Thank you! It has over 200K on the motor, so it needs some TLC still, but for 200K it runs like a top.

Paul's car sounded spectacular, and before I got out of my SHO the first time, the two cars (my white 93, and his green 94) were pretty close *Got a vid of us racing like 5 times, him winning 3 times, me winning twice*

Kims blue car has a crisp new transmission in it, shifts beatifully, but there are still a few things that need to get worked out since the car was in an accident prior to us buying it.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
She wants an MTX and can drive stick quite well, but when an ATX falls into your lap, its hard to pass up.

im gonna have to disagree... the 3 liter has a much better bore to stroke ratio and its power band, while technically less peak, is much more broad and usable. ive been in both and in a 3.2 conversion MTX and believe me when i say, unless you need the extra displacement for forced induction, the 3 liter is lightyears better than the 3.2. i had a buddy that had some work done to his 89... that thing screamed. he regularly took the motor past 9000 RPM and it just kept pulling. stoplight to stoplight racing was its strongpoint, we used to beat tons of cars that were no doubt faster in the quarter mile, but with the long reach of first gear going to 9000 rpm, we didnt even shift till the race was already over. many a mustang and camaro shit their pants from losing to a "grandma taurus". then there was the race with the cocky viper owner..... lets just say ive never seen somebody so upset looking because there was a taurus pulling on their car. i will never forget the look on that guys face for as long as i live!

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
im gonna have to disagree... the 3 liter has a much better bore to stroke ratio and its power band, while technically less peak, is much more broad and usable. ive been in both and in a 3.2 conversion MTX and believe me when i say, unless you need the extra displacement for forced induction, the 3 liter is lightyears better than the 3.2. i had a buddy that had some work done to his 89... that thing screamed. he regularly took the motor past 9000 RPM and it just kept pulling. stoplight to stoplight racing was its strongpoint, we used to beat tons of cars that were no doubt faster in the quarter mile, but with the long reach of first gear going to 9000 rpm, we didnt even shift till the race was already over. many a mustang and camaro shit their pants from losing to a "grandma taurus". then there was the race with the cocky viper owner..... lets just say ive never seen somebody so upset looking because there was a taurus pulling on their car. i will never forget the look on that guys face for as long as i live!

I full agree the 3.0 MTX's are lightyears better, *Hence why syP's 95 MTX always spanked my 93 ATX* but keep in mind, this ATX ended up costing $0 I basically paid $250 for it, and sold the spare parts that came with it for $250.

the extra little bit of torque is nice in the 3.2, and with a slushbox its easy as hell to launch *I could always get ryan out of the hole* but he would always rip past me right as the autotradgic shifted into second.

Kim wants to sell this blue car maybe later this year in favor of picking up an MTX (We can sell the ATX out here for $1200-1500 pretty easily) and just save up another $500 and get a NICE MTX for less than 2K.

Thread Info