another update on the neon

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
what the neon will look like this weekend i hope....

CIMG0027.jpg

just a little comparison of what was on there vs what will be going on there!!

CIMG0035.jpg

IMG_16438.jpg

IMG_1657e.jpg

well the car made it home :fy: (on a trailer though...:tear:)

battery box is installed, heat shields "roughed" in, cables, water, and brake lines heat wrapped...all thats left is 1) run power cable to from trunk to engine bay 2) finish heat shields / wrapping 3) install everything for good!!

as soon as the wife quits making me go to crappy stores like bed bath and beyond and my work lets me go home....i will try and finish it this weekend but i do have another baby shower to deal with on sat....so if anyone wants to go to my house and finish her for me :bigthumb:

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
Thanks guys

hahah @ bed bath & beyond.

get'r done!

:fu:

I hope it looks a little different. Are you going to run it through the stock intercooler too?

nah...well maybe - depends if bob reinforces my old one in time - the stock is go to 400whp so it will be good for break in at least....:bigthumb:

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
well i finally took her out all day today....no leaks and nothing fell off - so it was a good day!! here are some pics from today!!!

CIMG0039.jpg

this is at the old neon assembly birthplace in belvidere...
CIMG0044.jpg

CIMG0047.jpg

the only problem i have is a small pin hole leak in the center of the collector at the flange where the turbo bolts up...other then that she starts building boost around 3800rpm...full 12psi (wastegate spring pressure is 10) by 4200psi....stable to redline... had to add about 5% more fuel thru the AFc but other then that ive gone through a tank of gas so far and i love it!!! cant wait til spring!!!

Thread Info