What i've been up to this summer

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
DSC_0055.jpg

Well, short story: Broke the pressure plate on my clutch a night before RPM and needed to swap it out. sooo.... I picked up a new (stronger) trans to throw in while i had the trans out. between moving to a new place and school, i had to spend most of the summer/fall with the car dead. finally got around to messing with it and now its been running for a solid 2 weeks. :)

parts that went in: r154 trans, competition 4puck clutch, new pumpkin (in/out), new driveshaft.

Overall, the swap was pretty smooth and straight forward. the r154 trans comes from the MKIII turbo supras, and is the stronger of the two 5 speed transmissions. usually these need special modifications to fit properly but the guy i bought it from was a great help with supplying miscellaneous swap parts. only frustrations i had was the excess amount of elbow grease for rusted areas (16 year old car) and the driveshaft not lining up.

while swapping out the rear, i found that the flange didnt line up from the driveshaft, so i had to put the old one back on. at least the bolts are broken loose for easier access in a week or so.

I still have much work to do, i was just itching to drive. so, it goes to SP racing for a custom 1 piece drive shaft fitting and a new ignition setup (ProEFI). the new rear end needs to go back in, again. i still have the coilovers and larger brake conversion that has been patiently waiting in the corner of my garage. and i have finally decided to add a little extra fuel in the very near future. ;)

So much work, such little time... before winter.

now, does anyone else feel like they spend more time under a car, than actually driving it?

and for shits a giggles:
DSC_0056.jpg

its like patients in a waiting room, waiting for me. :)

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
Thanks for the encouragement guys!

that first pic is sexy for some reason...

i forget, but since ure putting in another 5speed, is this a na-t build?

yes sir, na-t. i'd love to put in a v160 (6 speed) that came out of the TT models, but that trans gets a little to expensive. haha.

Wow that car is beautiful.

I would love to have that kind of garage space.

ya, i actually have 4 roomates, and i agreed to pay a little more rent under one condition; the garage is MINE! :)

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
haha, it was running for a little bit. i've always wanted to run around with your car... i was a little upset i missed that cruise back in september. but the car just went back on jackstands today. pulled off the intake manifold for a fuel rail fitting, and sending the fuel pump hanger to SP for welding work to fit a triple walbro setup. also, front brakes are off now, for TT brakes, and i'm trying to get the coilovers in tomorrow. and radiator in wednesday. THEN, it goes back to SP for tuning and one-piece DS fitting. lol. maybe, if everything goes smoothly, we can have one last cruise before it gets too cold. :)

Thread Info