New pics of the Regal

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Just detailed the car the other day and it had a ton of scratches and swirl marks. I do a ton of highway driving.
(I'm also trying to improve my photography skillz)
I used some products from Perfect Auto Finish
Thanks Kevin
042.jpg

051.jpg

053.jpg

059.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

067.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

083.jpg

077.jpg

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
came out nice.

a tip, if ure using a dslr, shoot in raw then in photoshop (if you have it), in your night pics, try adjusting the color temperature. will take the yellow out.

Thanks guys. I should adjust the color Temp even though the lights were yellow?
I couldnt find any places with white lighting that weren't fenced off so I had to deal with the yellow.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
care to share the products that you used ?

Sure no problem. I'll tell ya the whole process. First I washed the entire car. Then I used a claybar over the whole body. Washed car again. Then (I had my girlfriends Dad help me) buffed it with the paint cleaner. After that I applied the paint sealent.
Like I said most of the swirl marks are gone and a few of the scratches. If I had Kevin detail my car it probably would have come out better. It just wasn't in my budget right now.
Here is some of the stuff I used. I also bought the spray stuff. It works pretty well.
http://www.perfectautofinish.com/products/

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Car looks real nice! Were you the one who tried that Turtle Wax black box stuff?
Yes. I used it and it turned out pretty well, but it didn't last very long. I think it just fills in everything and it's also a pita cause it turns your hands and your towel black.
It's definately nice though if you are going to a show and you want to hide those imperfections.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Yes. I used it and it turned out pretty well, but it didn't last very long. I think it just fills in everything and it's also a pita cause it turns your hands and your towel black.
It's definately nice though if you are going to a show and you want to hide those imperfections.

Ah ok, I saw it on the shelf at an AZ a few weeks ago and was trying to remember if it was one of the Regal guys from here that tried it. I remember it turning everything it touched black, kind of what steered me away from it. Although I think it'd do wonders to fill in all the little shit my car has on it.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Ah ok, I saw it on the shelf at an AZ a few weeks ago and was trying to remember if it was one of the Regal guys from here that tried it. I remember it turning everything it touched black, kind of what steered me away from it. Although I think it'd do wonders to fill in all the little shit my car has on it.

You can borrow it any time you want. I have plenty!

Thread Info